Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Xenomorph posted:

I know for a fact that Anytime Upgrade will not start an upgrade install until the current OS has been Activated.

Well that sucks.

I plan to get a new computer around the time 7 comes out, and this presumably means I'll have to deal with the Windows phone people to get the license transferred to a new computer so I can activate the Vista copy before upgrading.

This is going to be a several hours project...

Anyone else still using the "Power Together" free copy of Vista from that promotional where you pretended to watch movies about Vista? :c00l:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Casao posted:

Anything you buy now is going to come with its own Windows 7 upgrade license.

Yeah but I'd be building my own, not buying one that comes with Windows installed.