Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lowcrabdiet
Jun 28, 2004
I'm not Steve Nash.
College Slice
No matter what I type in the Start Menu search box (even something like "P" for "Paint"), I get "No items matched your search." Is that something to do with an indexing setting or did I mess up my install somehow?

edit: This is a completely new install, Ultimate 32-bit version, on an Asus 901 netbook. This is also my first time installing Windows 7 so I don't know if this is normal behavior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lowcrabdiet
Jun 28, 2004
I'm not Steve Nash.
College Slice

c0burn posted:

Do you have "Search Programs and Control Panel" ticked?

I browsed through all that I guess I didn't see it the first time around. Thanks for this!

lowcrabdiet
Jun 28, 2004
I'm not Steve Nash.
College Slice
I think I lost the use of the Windows + arrow keys for minimizing, maximizing, etc.

I know it worked when I first installed Windows 7, but I think I might have turned off that function somewhere. I checked the "make the keyboard easier to use" and the "Adjust for best appearance or best performance" areas, but I can't find the option to turn it back on. Anyone have any idea where this option might be hiding, or what I might have done to turn it off?

lowcrabdiet
Jun 28, 2004
I'm not Steve Nash.
College Slice

Xenomorph posted:

So it is as simple as editing a file to get the Menu back again? Or just delete the file? (these two posts conflict)

I'm not a fan of modifying files. I've modified SETUPP.INI with XP to try and cook up an install disc if I didn't have access to my MSDN images.

If its as simple as deleting a file and then re-building the ISO, I guess that is Ok.

To be more specific, delete the file to get the menu to choose what version to install.

OR

You can edit the file to specify which version you want to install. This is kind of pointless in your case since you'd still need separate DVDs for each version, wherein the only difference among those DVDs would be that ei.cfg file.

lowcrabdiet
Jun 28, 2004
I'm not Steve Nash.
College Slice
I looked in the last few pages and the OP and didn't see anything:

I'm looking for a CD/DVD burning program that works on Windows XP that has an interface that's old-people friendly. My relatives just want to burn their picture albums (currently stored on their hard drive) onto CDs. There's a million and one programs on google and I'm wondering if there's an SH/SC recommendation. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lowcrabdiet
Jun 28, 2004
I'm not Steve Nash.
College Slice
Actually, the computer is Windows Vista and it does have that drag-and-drop interface! If the album of pictures is greater than the disc capacity it's not intelligent enough to span multiple discs though.