Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lastic
Aug 24, 2004

Explosions... I gotta have MORE EXPLOSIONS!
I'm having an odd issue where windows 7 (Rc build 7100) registers my left mouse click twice when I click just once. I've had it installed for about a week and this only started happening two days ago. I haven't installed any programs that I can think of that would have anything to do with the mouse, but it's possible that it's something i've recently installed.

The second click is instantaneously after the first click, the only way for me to tell it was happening was when i'd go to single click something and have the double click effect go off. This is a regular Dynex USB mouse that i've been using for years and have never had any issues with, and I don't believe that the mouse has broken, and I can only hear one click when I actually click the left mouse button so I don't think it's an issue with the physical mouse button. Unfortunately I don't have another mouse that I can plug in to see if it is indeed this mouse that is broken.

The repeat clicks don't happen 100% of the time, probably only one in ten or fifteen clicks are repeated. This also happens after left clicking and holding and then releasing it several seconds later, as soon as I release it does another click.

I haven't installed any other drivers for the mouse, just what windows automatically detected when I plugged the mouse in a week ago.

Has anybody had this happen before or have any insight as to why this is happening?

Edit - I've also tried unplugging it and putting it into a different USB port, no change.

Lastic fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Jun 20, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU