Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlyTB20C
Sep 16, 2004

I'm almost positive someone else had this problem in this thread, but for the life of me I can't find it now. I installed the x64 version from Microsoft's website last night on my crummy Dell Inspiron 1525 (I was surprised it checked out okay for x64, honestly), and it is so much faster then the 32 bit Vista was, however now the touch pad no longer scrolls and I cannot find a driver that doesn't freak out and say it can't run on this operating system. Also, the buttons on the laptop for volume up/down don't work, but the one for mute does.

Anyone know of a driver for the touchpad that might work? Or a setting I just can't seem to locate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlyTB20C
Sep 16, 2004

Stanley Pain posted:

You most likely need the Vista 64 drivers for synaptics:

http://www.synaptics.com/support/drivers

Unfortunately that driver seems to think the touchpad is a mouse. Oh well, thanks for posting it, it was worth a try.

FlyTB20C
Sep 16, 2004

Stanley Pain posted:

How is your touchpad detected by Win 7? Does it show up as a touchpad or a mouse?

Much like Kameleon said, Win 7 just thinks it is a ps/2 mouse. Hopefully closer to the actual release someone will provide a working driver.

At lease the computer actually shuts down when I tell it to now, with Vista it just hung around pretending to shut down for several minutes.