Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I got my copy of Win7 Pro through the student deal that Microsoft ran through Digital River a couple years ago. Because I'm super-smart, I lost the physical disks that I had them send me (I'm sure I have them...buried in the closet somewhere) and deleted the download long ago. I was able to use a key retrieval program to get my registration key, but is there a way to get a copy of Win7 Pro that's both free and legal?

It seems that there ought to be some way or another that I can use my registration key to get access to the software, since I really don't fancy going through a bunch of storage totes for disks that may or may not have been broken in my last move.

My apologies if this has been gone over a million times. It wasn't in the OP, and the thread is huge at this point.

vvv Thanks a million, Toast Museum! That's exactly what I was looking for. vvv

Achmed Jones fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jun 10, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

modig posted:

Just bought an SSD and I want to move my current Windows 7 install onto it. I found a program call Paragon that is apparently designed to help with this. Is Paragon a good choice, or is there something else better? Or is there some reason moving the install is a bad idea?

*I'd rather pay $20 than spend time dealing with offsets and stuff, I also found instructions for that.

I'd also like to know the answer to this!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Pvt Dancer posted:

I want to save a Word document to individual JPGs at 300 dpi, made using the mail merge function. There's about 400 pages in it, so it really has to be automated. Is there a printer driver/something else that does this properly?

I found some, but they all have scammy looking webpages with very little information. Don't mind paying, just don't want my credit card details end up in Lithuania or something.

e: Found some free software that does it from PDF. Still took a while to find something that isn't absolute crap or costs $40 (really?)

What was wrong with http://pdf2jpg.net/ ? I just tested it out and it's (1) Free (2) Automated (3) Has no watermark and (4) Allows you to download the resulting JPGs as a zip file.

It's also the second Google result for "convert pdf to jpg" (both with and without quotes), so presumably you tried it and it didn't function properly.

Caveat: It's limited to 15meg pdf files, so you might need to break up the document into a few separate PDFs.

e: That came off a lot more hostile than I intended it to, but I can't think of a way to re-word things properly. I fail at English, but, I guess, just know that I wasn't trying to be a jerk? :shobon:

Achmed Jones fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jul 10, 2012