Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HelfMyselp
Nov 2, 2004

Dude, check it. It's a trash can. And a rollerblade.

Now shovel some cheese curls into my trash hole...

StickFigs posted:

Does anyone know if some really cool person ported the Sticky Notes to function as a desktop gadget yet?
Not that I've seen. There's a few other options in the gallery:

http://gallery.live.com/results.aspx?bt=1&q=sticky

No idea if any of those are good enough for what you'd want, though.

edit: Yeah, that's what I get for leaving a window open...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelfMyselp
Nov 2, 2004

agentq posted:

I'm waiting on a new SSD to arrive. I plan on reinstalling Win7 Professional when it gets here. Is there any place I can download the Win 7 SP1 installer legitimately so I can put it on a USB drive? I have a copy of Win 7 without SP1 on a DVD, I don't want to reinstall all the updates after I install the operating system. I checked the OP and the links were not valid.
I imagine you're looking for the ~900MB or so SP1 installer? Try here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=c3202ce6-4056-4059-8a1b-3a9b77cdfdda&displaylang=en

HelfMyselp
Nov 2, 2004

agentq posted:

I'm looking for a Win7 installer with the SP1 improvements already integrated...
Oh, disc image. My mistake! :(

HelfMyselp
Nov 2, 2004

bewbies posted:

I'm sure this has been asked many times but my searches have come up empty.

I wrote a couple of classes for work that use embedded youtube videos. However, the classroom they are taught in do not have internet access (wtf). So, I need to download the videos somehow. This seems to be easy enough, except that I don't have admin rights, so I can't install anything (I really don't want to try and mess with our really, really dumb IT department to try and get them to install something).

So, is there a youtube video downloader out there someone can recommend that doesn't require installation and isn't loaded with some creepy Russian spyware?
If you can get at the embedded vidoes and get actual links, you can try KeepVid. There's a standalone program, but I've never had to use it. Just dump the link in the box, hit Download and right-click the version you want. Not sure if the Java requirements will cause issues with admin rights if it's not up-to-date, though. Also might not be good enough if you have to download 200 videos or something like that.