Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tripred
Nov 25, 2004

Deals in quack, not opinion.
Had my first and only issue with 7 RC last night, my wife was complaining that the Media Center wasn't recording anything and we found that the guide was empty, no matter how many times we told it to update the guide. Since it had no idea what was on any of the channels it wouldn't record anything.

After over an hour of loving with media center settings, finally tried running mcupdate.exe manually and it updated the guide no problem. Apparently MC has lost the ability to launch it automatically.

It could be an inherent bug in MC, but most likely it's due to either the PlayOn or Netflix Vista MC plugins I had installed. (they were uninstalled long before learning that the guide was not updating though..)

Anyone else having problems updating their guide through the MC gui?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU