Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

Hopefully this will help some one trying to play HD DVDs or Blu Ray on Windows 7.

Use Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre Platinum 3 + AnyDVD HD 6.5.4 = HD DVD playback (on only ONE screen, mirroring will not work). It took me all day to figure this out so it helps out someone who is running windows 7 and wants to playback HD DVDs. AnyDVD is required for this to work. Otherwise you get an HDCP error, regardless if your machine supports HDCP or not.

The sharky007 codecs do not work. Neither does PowerDVD 9. Nothing seems to work except for the combination mentioned above.

EDIT: HD DVDs are going between 3-4$ (used and new) on amazon right now. I think I picked up something like 8 for around 30$ HD DVDs are the same resolution as Blu Ray and quite a deal if you don't mind using "obsolete" media.

sigma 6 fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Jul 4, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

A few pages back I posted that Any DVD and Total Media Theater Platinum 3 would allow windows 7 to playback HD DVDs in windows 7.
It does but I find after a few chapters it starts hiccuping and drops video and audio. If I fast forward or rewind a chapter it seems to fix itself but that is really, really annoying. Anybody have any better solutions?