Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

roffles
Dec 25, 2004
What are the odds that I can successfully swap the motherboard and CPU for my PC? I'm currently running Windows 7 x64, can I get away with just updating some drivers? I googled around but all the results for "motherboard swap windows 7" seem to come up with results for XP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roffles
Dec 25, 2004
Has anyone seen their icon cache get corrupted on a consistent basis? I find I have to delete the icon cache file once a week or so to get my system tray icons to behave properly. I'm kind of worried there's some malware or something but I've run a ton of scans and haven't turned up anything.

roffles
Dec 25, 2004
I've got this weird issue with using context menus lately... the selected option gets stuck on my screen. the only way i can get rid of it is changing my resolution and reverting it. I have an ATI video card, video drivers are updated and windows is updated. any ideas?

see screenshot, 'copy' was from when i was doing a copy and paste from a few minutes ago.

e:VVVVVV no reboot, I just did the resolution change. looks like restarting uxsms does the trick too (just tried it since it just happened again). it's kind of annoying, I read somewhere to try running without aero but it happens when I do that too.

roffles fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Dec 5, 2010