Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gwar3k1
Jan 10, 2005

Someday soon
Has anything changed in regards to gadget installation? I can't even get a hello world gadget (as per the MSDN example) to install. I've created a .gadget folder with a gadget.xml and .html file inside, zipped it (removing .zip extension) and double clicking on the icon. Nothing's happening.

The only development stuff I can find is for Vista's sidebar gadgets which indicate no change in the W7 development process. I did find a site suggesting setting the charset will break the gadget (so I removed it from the example code) and that still doesn't make it work.

I looked in the installed gadgets folder and found that there are language folders, so I made that change too and still not working.

I downloaded a gadget from the Windows 7 experience site which came packaged as an MSI. Is this how gadgets are installed now? The last time I made one, it was a case of zipping the folder and double clicking it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gwar3k1
Jan 10, 2005

Someday soon
I want to make my own jump list for "Internet." I'd like to have an icon in my task bar that when I right click it, it gives me the option to open Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or IE. Is this as simple as making a folder, droping shortcuts to those programs in it and pinning it to the taskbar or is there a "better" way to do this?

gwar3k1
Jan 10, 2005

Someday soon

Otacon posted:

Funny about your avatar....
http://www.ali.dj/jumplist-launcher/

(The site is in German, the program is in English)

Thanks, that'll do it! And thanks Essobie, too.