Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Immortal Wombat
Jan 19, 2005

Everliving Marsupial
Anyone have a recommendation for a good (preferably an unobtrusive extension/plugin) Chrome download manager?

I'm trying to download a long list of files from a directory but apparently there's no way to limit the number of simultaneous downloads on chrome which seems dumb as gently caress.

edit: also is there a discord?

Immortal Wombat fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jul 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Immortal Wombat
Jan 19, 2005

Everliving Marsupial
I'm trying to play a youtube video in VLC (Open Network Steam) in order to use its magical direct linking capabilities (Tools>Media Information>Location).

It plays some youtube videos no problem but not others and I don't know why.

Can anyone provide any insight into this issue or recommend an alternative solution for my youtube video grabbing needs (preferably not a website or app that re-encodes the video)?

edit: VLC and my various drivers are up to date afaik, Windows 10

Immortal Wombat fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Dec 31, 2019

Immortal Wombat
Jan 19, 2005

Everliving Marsupial

Klyith posted:

VLC development is not exactly on fire these days, while youtube is a constant moving target. You might have better luck with VLC nightlies if whoever maintains the youtube script is submitting patches when youtube changes.

This worked :) thank you.

Although now VLC plays video sort of undocked from the interface and just floating there in the top left of the screen, unable to be manipulated, which I'm guessing is the sort of weird jank poo poo you have to expect from nightlies. I can't get it to re-unite itself with the main window. Not a huge issue but it makes my rear end burgers itch. Hope they fix it soon

quote:

youtube-dl

Couldn't get this to download the previously undownloadable videos like nightly vlc could

Immortal Wombat fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Dec 31, 2019

Immortal Wombat
Jan 19, 2005

Everliving Marsupial
Is there a current recommended thing that checks all your drivers are up to date? I'd been relying on things to take care of themselves but for some reason amd adrenaline just decided to stop doing that and I assume there's all sorts of other poo poo that should probably be updating itself but isn't.

Back in the old days things like cpu and chipset drivers made a huge difference but I've been out of the loop for a while.

am on windows 10

Immortal Wombat fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jul 23, 2023