Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I really am liking 7, except for the fact that I have no flash support on my 64 bit browser. Firefox is really laggy/buggy as a 32-bit, I'm currently running a 64 port of Firefox. Any solutions? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Xenomorph posted:

Yeah, stop using 64-bit Firefox.

Well, 32-bit Firefox is loving up. :colbert:

It's messing up on viewing Facebook photos and is laggy as hell on sites that worked fine in Vista 32.

No. 9 fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Aug 25, 2009

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Tried it. Gmail lags, Facebook lags. Slow, slow, slow.

Edit: Reverted back to older version and works much better.

No. 9 fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Aug 25, 2009

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I'm trying to install XP SP2 on a second partition, with Windows 7 on my primary. I just want to run my music studio applications in XP.

Has anyone else installed XP after 7? I've heard there's some problems, and I want to make sure I get this right to avoid a lot of frustration.

Any help? :cheers:

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Josh Lyman posted:

Most schools and business only have the 32bit version of Cisco VPN available for download, and SAS (a statistical analysis package) won't install under x64 either. As an academic, this is extremely frustrating.

There is a 64-bit version, you just need to know your school's VPN server address. My school at least didn't have the 64-bit version available, but if you emailed them they'd give you a link.

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I think I FINALLY got a working fix for this stupid nForce disconnection bug; going under "advanced" for your networking controller, disabling Receive Side Scaling finally made it so I could stay connected for more than a couple of hours at best

Off topic, but I want to say I really love your Mr. Dog avatar. :)

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich

DarthDommo posted:

Is there a way to make UAC not pop up every time I double-click an mp3? It's pretty goddamn annoying.

"Change when these notifications appear" :ssh:

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich
That's Aero Peek. Resize your Firefox and it'll do the reflection in just a part. It's supposed to show you where your windows are placed if you want a quick peek at your desktop. Hover over open windows from the taskbar too.

http://lifehacker.com/5077280/a-closer-look-at-windows-7s-aero-peek-feature

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Johnny B. Goode posted:

Wait they already have a x64 version?

There's an open source one, but it's worthless because you can't run Flash in it.

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Cojawfee posted:

How is this Mozilla's fault?

I never said it was, and does it even matter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Taskbar properties, autohide the taskbar.