Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radioactive Toy
Sep 14, 2005

Nothing has ever happened here, nothing.
So I used Windows 7 x86 for a while on my desktop before the RC, but since formatting and installing the 64-bit RC I've had nothing but problems. Has anyone else encountered these?

If I connect to my wireless router, the router no longer accepts wireless connections and generally stops all wireless functions until it is restarted. If I connect the computer to the router with the ethernet port, the entire computer freezes and occasionally blue screens with the 0x00000124 stop code. I really want to try out x64 but it seems to hate me =\

Edit: D-Link AirPlus DWL-G520 Wireless Adapter and Marvell Yukon Ethernet Controller

Radioactive Toy fucked around with this message at 05:31 on May 19, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radioactive Toy
Sep 14, 2005

BizarroAzrael posted:

I want to bridge a connection between my Win7 computer and my 360 so I can connect to Live without spending a retarded amount of money on an overpriced peripheral. It worked no problem in 7077 but wont work now in 7100.

My computer has a wireless connection to the house network and the Internet, and is wired by ethernet cable to the 360. I went into the network and sharing centre > Change Adapter settings, clicked the wireless network, CTRL-clicked the ethernet connection, right-clicked the wireless one and selected to bridge the connection. Xbox still won't connect.

As well as installing 7100, the router has been replaced with a Belkin (used to be Netgear I think) could that matter? Xbox tells me it's not being assigned an IP, but I thought that the PC handled that, or does the router perceive the two machines as separate entities?

I just set this up a few days ago. I originally tried bridging the connections, but it didn't work. All I ended up doing was going to the properties of my wireless connection -> sharing tab and checking the "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection" box. Not sure why bridging wasn't working but this did so it works for me.

Radioactive Toy
Sep 14, 2005

evensevenone posted:

Are there any guides to getting sleep/hibernate to work. It worked fine under Vista, but now it doesn't seem to play well.

If you're having issues with sleep mode waking up by itself, as I was, follow this. I used powercfg to figure out what devices were waking up my computer and it's all working fine now. Some other people were having issues with computers never waking up also, but I haven't run into that yet so I'm not sure where to look to fix those issues.

Edit: Whoops wrong quote

Radioactive Toy fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jun 20, 2009