Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Does anyone know a good program for mounting various images in Windows 7? I've been using both alcohol and daemontools, but they are kinda bloaty and tries to make me install spyware with them etc. Anyone knows a simple and clean alternative?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

NihilCredo posted:

I switched to WinCDEmu a while ago. FOSS, portable, functional.

Thanks a lot! Just what I was looking for. If only more programs where like this and Transmission :(

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Does anyone know a good bittorrent client? uTorrent, while it works very good, is bloated and ugly as poo poo. I loved transmission on mac and linux, but the pc version has a problem where it gets stuck on downloading meta data. Anyone know a program that's as clean as transmission?

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

NihilCredo posted:

You could also go back to the latest 2.x version of µTorrent. It's what I personally stuck with, since the 3.0 updates and up haven't included any new features I care for or any important bugfixing/improvements, and as you mentioned the feature creep is annoying.

Thanks! While it's much worse now, I don't like the older versions either. The thing I love about transmission is that it just has a single window, I don't like al the different "frames" in uTorrent, and it just looks so cluttery.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Oh, nice! I didn't know you could do that, thanks.

And, yes I know it's a small program, but it's default UI is bloated, not it's size.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Bouchacha posted:

Not sure if this is the right thread, but does anyone know if there's such a thing as an audio normalization program? I find myself constantly having to adjust the volume between programs. For example, VLC tends to be significantly quieter than anything else so I turn it up. Then I'm on Youtube or something and it's now super loud.

This should work, I didn't get VLC to show up there, but I didn't have a media file to load in it, maybe it shows up after that.

This could be something with my audio drivers or whatever, so sorry if it's not default Win 7.

Edit: There was another page in this thread :downs:

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

What should I use to remote into my computer? I just want to be able to add stuff to plex and manage downloads and stuff while stuck at work for several days at a time.

On windows 8.1 home, I think something is built in into the pro version?

Also on a asus MB, heard something about them having a utility?

Otherwise, what is nice? iphone would own, but could use my laptop also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Awesome, no idea that was a thing and I even use chromecast all the time.

Thanks for the help!