Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stickyboot
Jan 27, 2006

i hate bottles
Sometimes waking from sleep (about half the time), the fan on my Nvidia 260 spins up to 100% and stops reporting temperatures and fan speeds to any hardware monitoring apps (any instances just disappear). I can hear the fan going full blast which is why I am clued in on this issue. Everything works fine other than that (3D graphics are still running smooth).

I am running the latest video drivers (190.62) and the newest BIOS (F11) for my mobo (GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard). I installed the RTM version of Windows 7 ultimate.

Does anyone know what is causing this? Is it a bug? Incapable hardware? I am hoping it is just a driver bug that will get ironed out eventually but if anyone knows any fixes that would help I would love to hear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stickyboot
Jan 27, 2006

i hate bottles

The Gasmask posted:

Google led me to the sevenforums.com forums, and hoooly poo poo.

Is there a way to ban URLs from your google results? Sites like that are worthless and show up all the time in searches.