Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

Bobulus posted:

I know this sounds pretty trivial, but is there a way to get Sticky Notes to run invisibly in the background? I like the idea of having sticky notes on my desktop, since I have a habit of using the real thing on the edge of my monitor, but I don't like cluttering up my taskbar with the icon of something that would be running 24/7.
Try Tomboy instead. It's really top notch and highly customisable.

Personally though, I use OneNote. Goddamn do Microsoft know how to make a good note taking app. It's the lynchpin of my writing day now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

HVD posted:

I know this is a long shot, but is there any way to disable Games Explorer? It's really beginning to piss me off.

Firstly, my games dont have Start Menu entries anymore, so if I want to get to thing that used to live in a game's program group (like the manual or data editor etc.) I have to browse to the actual location via Explorer.

Also, I can't seem to pin game shortcutrs to the taskbar, which means a few extra clicks to get into Games Explorer instead and launch from there.

Of course, Games Explorer itself is already cluttered with all the poo poo card games that come with Windows so finding my stuff isnt as easy as it should be either.

So is there any way to stop Games Explorer eating all my games' start menu entries? Or at least a way to pin games to the taskbar?

EDIT: Hmm, it looks like its just Football Manager 2009 I can't pin to the taskbar for some reason. How strange...
Just pin the exe directly.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

evobatman posted:

It suddenly worked on its own, without any more fiddling. Don't know why, but crisis averted!

Had to set to software graphics though, but that doesn't matter.
You'll want the patches and the resolution mod too by the by.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

ilkhan posted:

8GB here as well, with my normal app load I'm at around 32% physical usage. But its nice to have the extra headroom. :)
I'm the same way. It's nice knowing you'll never run out of RAM and no matter what you do you'll always have responsive and snappy applications.