Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Linux Nazi posted:

So, if I have a copy of vista business edition, can I upgrade to W7 Ultimate? The first post in this thread seems to indicate that:

Whereas the purchase page for Windows 7 on the microsoft site is much more ambiguous

Also, where is currently the best place to purchase Windows 7? I'd like to get a key to use for RTM when it's released.

I think all that just means that if you're trying to go Vista Ultimate -> W7 Home for example, you need to do a clean install, but if you were going from Vista Home -> W7 Pro, you would be able to do an upgrade install, keeping all of your programs and whatnot.

At least I think that's what it means..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

muskrat posted:

MSDNAA for my school offers both the 64-bit and 32-bit versions separately and it appears that the keys are different.

My understanding is that, as of Windows 7, a key can be used for either.

Does that mean I have 2 copies of Windows 7 (e.g., both 64-bit if I wanted), or am I missing something?

Actually, pretty sure you get 4 copies, on my MSDNAA account I've got access to win7 EN x86, and x64, and also win7 french x86 and x64.

All the keys work on any of the versions, so yeah, four keys. :smug: