Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avian Pneumonia
May 24, 2006

ASK ME ABOUT MY OPINIONS ON CANCEL CULTURE
i'm going to format the hard drive of a new laptop and install 7

what's the story on drivers? do i use vista drivers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avian Pneumonia
May 24, 2006

i have a big folder full of (legally obtained) dvd movies in .iso format
is there a way to make them show up in windows media center?

Avian Pneumonia
May 24, 2006

eeeh, no thanks
WMP is great but not great enough for me to convert all of my .ISOs

Avian Pneumonia
May 24, 2006

well of course i have daemon tools lite (how else would i have been mounting the .iso files)

i was wondering if there wasn't a way to make .iso files appear & play in windows media center

Avian Pneumonia
May 24, 2006

Is it possible to disable TV recording in windows media center?
I can't seem to be able to do it.

Avian Pneumonia
May 24, 2006

How can i change the (tv) aspect ratio in windows media center?

I see there's an option to do various 'zooms' that come up when i right click,
but I'm confused

The program window itself was always locked in at 16x9 with bars for 4x3 programs but now it seems to have changed to 4x3 with double bars for programs

e: Got it, I guess it just 'clicked' when I manually re-sized the window?

Avian Pneumonia fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Mar 30, 2010

Avian Pneumonia
May 24, 2006

Hey I'm going to have some guests coming through my place and I want them to be able to use my computer but not be able to access my files and all of that. I guess i'll need to create an account for myself and password protect it and create another guest account that ideally just has chrome and a folder they can safe stuff to? What's the easiest way to set this up in Win 10?

Avian Pneumonia
May 24, 2006

This could go in multiple threads I suppose but here seems the most appropriate.

What's the best program to use to capture hi-res screenshots and videos of what's going on onscreen with my iphone?

I know quicktime does this but I'm on windows and it's my understanding that this feature doesn't work unless it's running in OSX.

e: Side question. What's the best regular old windows screenshot software?

Avian Pneumonia fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jan 28, 2017

Avian Pneumonia
May 24, 2006

Hey I’m not a photographer or anything but I have a whole bunch of photos and I’m wondering what program I should use to organize and view them. Any tips?

Avian Pneumonia
May 24, 2006

Definitely not looking to do that. Just want to wrangle up these photos and be able to sort through and edit and view them.

Avian Pneumonia
May 24, 2006

I have a video file that's corrupted?
It plays fine but for one part where it crashes.
If i fastforward through it the rest of the file works fine.
But I can't back up or move the file.
Any ideas on what I should do?

Avian Pneumonia
May 24, 2006

Yeah it's an .mts video file and I've found a few programs online that will purport to fix it but they all seem VERY sketchy.

Avian Pneumonia
May 24, 2006

Hey I'm not sure where else to post this but the left sidebar on the youtube mainpage is now white instead of black like the rest of the page. Did I do something? I can't seem to get it back.

Avian Pneumonia
May 24, 2006

I'm interested in getting dubbed spanish content from streaming services but am having a hard time. I downloaded express vpn and have been using the recommended servers but they either can tell i'm using a vpn or do not have spanish audio available. Does anyone have any tips for this? I'm in new york if it matters.

Avian Pneumonia
May 24, 2006

Years ago I would use a tv tuner with antenna to watch tv using windows media center. Then WMC ceased to exist for some dumb unknown reason and I lost my tuner card. What's the best tv tuner card and software these days? Just want to be able to easily watch/record tv like it was on WMC.

Avian Pneumonia
May 24, 2006

tips on a card? any happuage should do, no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avian Pneumonia
May 24, 2006

What is the best way these days to get all of my photos onto my windows PC?

Every time I try I end up getting an error message at some point along the way and it's near impossible to pick up where I left off.