Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GobyWan
Jun 5, 2006
tiny plastic novelty palm trees are all I need

Dbhjed posted:

Here is something dumb Windows 7 is doing, It is randomingly running WinSAT (with is the system Assessment Tool) and it kills areo is there a way to turn this off so it doesn't do this anymore?

Came here to post this, but figured it out on the way: you can turn it off in Task Scheduler, it's under Microsoft\Windows\Maintenance. I have yet to see if this will stop it from happening, but the internet says it works, and who am I to question it? I guess I'll find out next Sunday at 1:00 AM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobyWan
Jun 5, 2006
tiny plastic novelty palm trees are all I need
I know this might be a premature question, since we haven't even hit retail release yet, but is there any program that gives you finer control over the Windows 7 taskbar? Specifically, I want a way to show all windows for a program with a single click + modifier (working with Explorer windows is suddenly a massive pain in the rear end, as is using Reason with the sequencer detached), a single-click way to close an entire program (ideally middle click, with a click+modifier for starting a new instance) and the ability to detach windows from their parent program and put them in their own separate icon (for Digsby, specifically, so I can get back to my conversations with one click but still keep my buddy list open.)

I don't want to completely disable grouping or I'd do it; I just want slightly more control over the taskbar, as much as I like the new functionality. Has anyone come up with this program yet, or do I need to wait for the Taskbar Shuffle guy to buy Win7?