Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
I'm trying to put the RC of 7 onto a flash card/drive so it would boot up to install but everytime I do so, my computer keeps asking for a boot device (new hard drive, no OS on it, no optical drive in PC) even though the device is bootable (following steps from Max PC) and is set to from from USB/SD card first. What am I doing wrong and what program can I use to fix this problem?

The computer is a Eee Box B202

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Joe Don Baker posted:

You might want to hit the right button to bring up the boot device selection screen, and actually select the flash drive.

The USB/SD boot was actually first in the system but I'll doublecheck

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Joe Don Baker posted:

I had the same thing happen to me with a Windows 7 install, I had to hit F12 or whatever it is and tell it to boot the flash drive.
I'll give that a shot, Hopefully it works.

e: Nope but it did tell me that the hard drive was being recognized before the flash drive for non-boot situation. Stll refused to work

Should I just buy a external DVD-ROM drive or convert the iso to a .img?

Island Nation fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Oct 7, 2009