Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

theTaxidermy posted:

The trailer's up on the official website.

Yeaaaaaaaah BOYYEEEEEEEE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
as long as the game moves, plays and feels like COD4 but with refinements, I'll be happy as a clam. I don't have a wishlist. I don't know the names and calibres of guns. I don't care if my outfit is regulation.

Just let me run around, shifting my weight with each footstep, and keep the goddamn satisfying-as-gently caress knifeplay.

Ok, no wait... I have one wishlist. Make a special knife or melee takedown for ANYONE in a ghillie-suit. If they are running around and get melee'ed make them be taken down brutally and embarassingly. Because they shouldn't be loving running around. And if they are sniping from the grass, just make it a really badass melee kill.

Stealthing a Stealther is some "The Professional" type poo poo.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Spooky the Smokey posted:

Why? I was blown away by the first game. Before I saw the teaser I felt like Infinity Ward would never top the it, but was at least hesitantly optimistic. Now that optimism is waning. If someone had told me after I'd finished Modern Warfare 1 that the next one would have vehicle segments, an underwater level, and a protagonist named "Roach" (totally Rad nickname!) I would have given you quite the are-you-serious. Running Modern Warfare 2 through the XTREME filter, Infinity Ward? Don't think I didn't see that guy with the mohawk in the trailer...

You're a freak.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
How do you know they don't sit around the Tundra souping up their Snowmobiles. poo poo man, henchman downtime would be the BEST time to trick that Snow-hog up.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Kali11324 posted:

It is harder to do campaign mode with 4 people than it is to do a 12 person mulitplayer game?

oh it is? No poo poo?

:rolleyes:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
you do all realize there are ways to give people SOMETHING for Prestige-flipping that doesn't have to correlate to advantages.

Alternate costumes, palette swaps, extra loadout slots, reskinned guns, custom character models... you name it.

I never flipped in COD4 but if MW2 gave me some cool cosmetic poo poo, that coupled with having goals all over again would be enough for me to flip.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
has there been talk of this video yet? (I don't follow this thread)

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/press-event-modern-warfare/56085

This has to be the coldest reception to everything in the video I have EVER seen! Awkward loving moments!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

empathe posted:

It's because we wanted to play!

Oh Im not blaming anybody... but for such a hot game, it was just... surreal.

WE'RE GONNA FUCKIN TALK ABOUT MULTIPLAYER!!! *Bull horn hand signs*

5 people: wooo

CHECK OUT THIS EXTREME MW2 360! *cue really lame "badass editing" footage.

no one says a loving word.

I laughed.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

TMMadman posted:

You know I am serious when I say that the more information that gets released about this game, the less excited I am about it.

It is already pressing my buttons with dual wielding

don't get it twisted, are you referring to CARRYING two primaries? That's not dual-wielding? Or have they confirmed that you can hold and fire 2 weapons at once. (aside from the knife-hold-stance.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I know there is only one "Damage indicator" and that's fine. I find it wildly humorous and entertaining that if you jump down from a second story window, there is this BIG splash of blood on your vision. The way it plays out, it's like you jumped down and your legs just exploded at the knees.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
yes the moment I heard "slow mo" and "breach" it seemed pretty obvious that it was going to be a gameplay mechanic. Now when you breach, you'll have a few seconds of slow-mo to fire off those shots at the enemies. It allows you to gauge where they are (I don't think this game will have Rainbow 6 fiberoptic previews) and will thusly simulate "getting the drop" on unsuspecting bad guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
what was revealed last night/this morning?