Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

The Arsecast have just put out a podcast featuring a full interview with Cesc Fabregas, where we find out something we've always known

Arsenal in the later Emirates era were so unambitious even the players felt it. Big part of the reason Nasri, Fabregas and Van Persie hosed off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

UnderFreddy posted:

The Arsecast have just put out a podcast featuring a full interview with Cesc Fabregas, where we find out something we've always known

Arsenal in the later Emirates era were so unambitious even the players felt it. Big part of the reason Nasri, Fabregas and Van Persie hosed off

Wenger probably should have hosed off five years before he did. I'm not blaming him for Arsenal's lack of ambition but he certainly didn't help.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Oh god Detective Wilson :discourse:

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
For Irish folk the Quickly Kevin episode with Dara O’Brian is pretty good.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
The parched reveal episode on the Peter crouch podcast is must listen.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

Seltzer posted:

The parched reveal episode on the Peter crouch podcast is must listen.

It was incredible. I was surprised but then...not surprised.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Ramble interview in the metro.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/01/the-football-ramble-how-12483072/

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

The Football Weekly interview with big Phil is an absolute pro listen

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer

Bundy posted:

The Football Weekly interview with big Phil is an absolute pro listen

Nice, always liked him.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I love Auclair but was staggered to find out he's twice as old as I thought he was.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Nobody laughing at max's Asterix joke was the highlight this week.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
barney ronay blocked me on twitter for making a really innocuous joke that lots of people liked haha

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

RideTheSpiral posted:

barney ronay blocked me on twitter for making a really innocuous joke that lots of people liked haha

I made a sarcastic reply to him the other day and he actually engaged with me in conversation. Which was nice.

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.
Elis James is my favourite pod guest. He's so passionate, it's great to listen to.

Is Barry passionate about anything other than shooting people with water pistols?

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

Grievo posted:

Elis James is my favourite pod guest. He's so passionate, it's great to listen to.

Is Barry passionate about anything other than shooting people with water pistols?

He would be pretty into holiday pints

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
cant wait to listen to the lars sivertson podcast

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

RideTheSpiral posted:

cant wait to listen to the lars sivertson podcast

It was actually entertaining and alright!

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
Yeah he seems like a good lad who means well

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"

Grievo posted:

I enjoy his passion for hating anything and everything associated with PSG, myself.

Ideal pod would be Phillipe, Ellis, Glendenning and Wilson I think.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I love Auclair but was staggered to find out he's twice as old as I thought he was.

This made me google exactly how old Auclair is, and erm, apparently he’s most notable as an indie pop musician and producer? I had no clue.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Philippe_(musician)

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

blue footed boobie posted:

This made me google exactly how old Auclair is, and erm, apparently he’s most notable as an indie pop musician and producer? I had no clue.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Philippe_(musician)

You should listen to the FW interview with him, he goes into that and lots of other stuff. He's an incredibly top bloke.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

harperdc posted:

It was actually entertaining and alright!

what the hell is wrong with you. It was even worse than I could have imagined

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Lars seems an alright bloke but the way he speaks is just repulsive. He sounds like his throat is going to fall out of his mouth.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

britishbornandbread posted:

Lars seems an alright bloke but the way he speaks is just repulsive. He sounds like his throat is going to fall out of his mouth.

Ignore the accent and he sounds like Ed Byrne with a bad throat

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I like lars. Football weekly is good in general.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lars sounds exactly like the insufferable neckbeard he is tbh

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

oliwan posted:

Lars sounds exactly like the insufferable neckbeard he is tbh

Hello Lars.

Turn on your monitor and don't sign your posts.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm 100% sure Lars is into microbreweries and won't shut up about it

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Barry is being attacked by angry geordies on twitter.

Lightbulb Grease
Aug 9, 2006

Oh, hi girls. Tom Cruise here.
Soiled Meat
https://www.twitter.com/AthleticoMince/status/1252336611880124417

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Bob's John Cooper Clarke style poem was art.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
A good episode of football weekly. I have actually been reading quite a few comments of people saying that they probably won't renew their season tickets. Almost like an alcoholic being forced to go cold turkey. Lots of people don't really miss it.

Odd situation.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Max (clearly confused): Chris asks, and I don't know why, so I don't know if there is more context to this question but: Do you like oats?

Jacqui Oatley: Yes I do, eat it every morning.

Max: Producer Jonathon has just pointed out that your surname is "Oatley".

:discourse:

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
The Forgotten stories of football podcast sounds like absolute shite.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Xabi posted:

The Forgotten stories of football podcast sounds like absolute shite.

I was thinking that, alright.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I stop listening when football stopped.... what have the podcasts been doing this entire time and how bad is it.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

Seltzer posted:

I stop listening when football stopped.... what have the podcasts been doing this entire time and how bad is it.

The Phillipe Auclair interview on Football Weekly was amazing.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

The detective Wilson stuff is fun, imo. Thought the joke would wear thin but it's been good.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I've been enjoying Football Weekly but yeah that Forgotten Stories thing seems like a big swing and probably a miss.

Seltzer posted:

They've spent some time talking about the news as it's happened (including interviews when needed) but they've had a fun series talking about show regulars' favorite games, watching them over the weekend and discussing the impact and how different they are. They've also done biographical talks with some of the writers and regulars, which have been fun too.

Blasmeister posted:

The detective Wilson stuff is fun, imo. Thought the joke would wear thin but it's been good.

They put a joke out into the world (since Jonathan Wilson seems to focus on three things in life: football, cricket, and detective fiction) and they apparently had an actual honest-to-goodness detective novel writer to do these sections. It's been a fun listen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I love FW for its football content but man, I really don't care about any of these people's life outside of football.

maybe going to listen to the Auclair one tho, he actually seems interesting