Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«92 »
jubjub64
Feb 17, 2011

I made this about a week ago in preparation for the BMPC4k. I plan on adding some cable reinforcement and I want add something to mount it on the camera or cage like a coldshoe or maybe a 1/4 mount. I'm also looking for design ideas if you have any. I plan on posting this on thingiverse so anybody can download and print it. Let me know if you have any ideas, thanks!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008

I have an fs700 with the stock lens and I want to buy a new one. What's a good starter lens worth buying? I remember with my 5D, the conventional wisdom was get that 50mm 1.8 first. Which I traded it up for a beautiful 1.4.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!

Narzack posted:

I have an fs700 with the stock lens and I want to buy a new one. What's a good starter lens worth buying? I remember with my 5D, the conventional wisdom was get that 50mm 1.8 first. Which I traded it up for a beautiful 1.4.

Probably a 35mm 2 or 1.4 since that would be the equivalent normal lens on Super35.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

jubjub64 posted:

I made this about a week ago in preparation for the BMPC4k. I plan on adding some cable reinforcement and I want add something to mount it on the camera or cage like a coldshoe or maybe a 1/4 mount. I'm also looking for design ideas if you have any. I plan on posting this on thingiverse so anybody can download and print it. Let me know if you have any ideas, thanks!

Nice! Can I ask what lenses you'll be using on your BMPCC4K? I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on one later in December mainly for short form doco making / talking heads type stuff.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!

Probably doesn’t matter to most of you but the 6.0 firmware for the Ursa Mini Pro came out today and it is glorious.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

VoodooXT posted:

Probably doesn’t matter to most of you but the 6.0 firmware for the Ursa Mini Pro came out today and it is glorious.

Noice. Our Ursa Mini Pro almost instantly became our defacto camera. Our hero camera is a RED Epic Dragon and while, yes, when you put them side by side the RED has that little something extra the Ursa doesn't. But it's close. And we've been able to cut between them (although that works best on more generic testimonial type stuff).

Such an awesome and easy to use little workhorse.

powderific
May 13, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Nice, excited to try it out. We've had ours basically since launch and it's been really our only camera other than a couple shoots where the client wants more of a big name. Also see that Resolve 15.2 came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

frytechnician posted:

Nice! Can I ask what lenses you'll be using on your BMPCC4K? I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on one later in December mainly for short form doco making / talking heads type stuff.

Still waiting on the camera to actually arrive, but we picked up the Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm f/2.8 and Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm f/2.8 for ours. Once the drat thing actually ships I'll post my impressions. I'll mostly be using it as a B camera on interviews, or when we need something quicker and more informal than setting up a couple of Ursa Mini Pros.

VoodooXT posted:

Nice, I was trying out the 6.0 beta to play around with .braw, I liked what I saw so far with that, I'll definitely be putting 6.0 on ASAP.

«92 »