Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snap Your Fingers
Dec 16, 2006
I've been insightful for about 17 years.

The Affair posted:

Do we want to do the demoreel/portfolio page exchange thing?

As a recent college grad I'd be interested in sharing demo reels and whatnot. Mine: http://www.phileisenberg.com/Site/Demo%20Reel.html. Forgive the fact that the site was made in iWeb; I don't bill myself as a web designer.

I think I just got a gig as an intern for a short film being shot nearby! I'll get to assist the DP and act as camera op/1st AC/whatever they need. Hopefully saying this won't jinx it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snap Your Fingers
Dec 16, 2006
I've started doing some freelance video work, but really with only one company. How do you guys list freelance work on your resume?

Snap Your Fingers
Dec 16, 2006
I have a business issue. I freeelanced for a guy 2 months ago. I'm used to being paid COD, but he wanted an invoice. The invoice was sent July 10th, and he still hasn't paid. I've contacted him in the interim to ask what was up, and he told me that there were some issues with the client, he still hasn't gotten paid, blah blah blah (bullshit). I think it's terribly incorrect business practice to wait till the client pays you to pay your employees. What do you guys think I should do? I plan on contacting him AGAIN today to follow up.

Snap Your Fingers
Dec 16, 2006
Hopefully it won't go to a court-room situation. I contacted him again and after a condescending little "Welcome to freelancing ;)" comment, he's relented to send a check. As many of you have said, and I said to him, I don't think this would've been an issue if I had been made aware of it at the beginning or at least kept in the loop. I may loose him as a potential employer, but the lack of communication on his end has kinda put me off. Although it's tough to come by freelance work so far outside a city, so who knows. I tried not to be a dick, and I think it will work out alright.

What's everyone's opinion on putting late fees on invoices? I almost did it with this one, which could have proved beneficial to me.