Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TecNickal
Aug 31, 2007
Gamecock land

hobbesmaster posted:

I replaced the cabin air filters in my 2000 Accord today. That was up there with apple laptop repair in obnoxiousness. I'm not sure whether to curse Honda or whoever replaced the filter last - two of the screws for the glove compartment reinforcement stuff managed to be partially stripped and over torqued. I have no idea how that even happens. The filters were pitch black and covered in leaves and the air conditioner just about doubled in strength after replacement so I'm thinking that it had not been done in a long time (I think the previous owner just kept up with oil changes).

That has to be one of the dumbest locations for cabin air filter replacement (red dot). I snapped that passenger side under dash/kick panel right where it connects to console...no idea what screw I missed (other red dot).
Picture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TecNickal
Aug 31, 2007
Gamecock land
Since the July 4 weekend:
-Monroe QuickStruts in all 4 corners
-Ingalls Front Sealed Endlinks/Moog HD Rear endlinks
-23mm rear SHO sway bar w/Moog 18mm bored out bushings.
-New coolant overflow tank
-New headlight switch (now light switch lights up!)
-Alignment
-96 SHO front seats (power lumbar & articulating headrests).

New seats: http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c325/beachbum86/00Taurus/ModsJuly09/IMG_3022-1.jpg

TecNickal
Aug 31, 2007
Gamecock land
Finally got around to wet sanding the Centennial edition Taurus headlights I got off someone from a different forum. They were cheap, UV coating was completely done..figured a good way to practice. Started with 800, then moved to 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500, and 3000. Followed up with Optimum Compound & Optimum Polish on my Porter Cable. Still need more practice, came out ~85-90%.

Also my friend taught me more about car detailing...so I/we used the foam gun, cleaned the car, clayed, then used Meguiars 105 on a blue pad with the Flex. Followed up with Menzerna PowerGloss. Finished up using a Porter Cable on a red pad applying BlackFire LSP. The metallic really pops now, paint is smooth as a baby's rear end. Not bad shape for a 00 w/141k.