Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Four Banger
Oct 29, 2008
I sold it. and I'll miss her, but I'd be an idiot not to.

for those unaware, I have a 1991 e30 318is, which I cannot drive since I don't have my license, but enjoy tinkering on. Today I was upstairs getting a drink and I look out the window and see 2 guys looking around my car. So I go out to ask if I can help them with anything, and they ask if the cars for sale. These guys were in a civic coupe with some rimz. So I'm already thinking "oh great, some guy wants to offer me a grand". So they ask some questions and I show them the car, they start it up. In the end they make an offer. $5,000.00. Yes, they offered me $5,000.00 for my 318is that I never even drive. Which I paid $1,500 for a year ago.

He said he asked his buddy was saying they usually go for 5-6k around here (which is what they seem to go for on Kijiji, but they NEVER sell).

That's what I did to my car today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Four Banger
Oct 29, 2008
http://moncton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1991-BMW-3-Series-318is-Coupe-W0QQAdIdZ228350046

:(

I had the best of intentions... But 2 years you've been on the back burner. Time to let her go.

I really hope I get nothing but Low ball offers so I can justify keeping it...

Four Banger
Oct 29, 2008

ExecuDork posted:

Your ad is irritating. Put a phone number on it, when I was car shopping last year through Kijiji if I didn't see a phone number I moved on - after ZERO responses to any of the within-Kijiji emails I sent. If you're not monitoring that account literally every 20 minutes, nobody will buy your car.

And give a starting price, otherwise your car doesn't show up in the price-based searches. If I put in zero as my minimum when I'm looking, I get every loving useless bit of garbage add-on and accessory for every possible car the idiot selling a CD-sleeve thought to include. Look at similar cars, put the same price as them. Then write in the ad "or best offer".

If you don't want to sell it, take your ad down and stop wasting my time. I ran into too many half-assed regretful sellers last year, it's loving annoying.

My email is sync'd with my phone so I'll get notified. And I never said I didn't want to sell it, I said I wouldn't sell it for some lowball price. Sorry I'm not gonna sell you my car for 500 bucks. I could part it out and make more than that in 20 minutes on bimmerforums.

and I'm sorry my add ruined your day. I'll make sure to be more thoughtful next time.

Four Banger
Oct 29, 2008

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome posted:

I want to try my girlfriend's stock Echo hatch at an autox sometime. It's an automatic, and doesn't have much power at all; but it's really light and it's pretty nimble. I think an Echo would do autox very nicely with a 5-speed.

I learned to drive on a 2 door echo hatchback with a 5 speed. God drat that thing had pep.

Four Banger
Oct 29, 2008
we just had some freezin rain followed by some snow and I'm driving home, going downhill and some dumb rear end decides to pull out in front of me and I couldn't stop so I try to avoid him, and I end up spinning around and hitting the curb, absolutely wrecking my rear driver side wheel. Thankfully all the suspension looks ok, and it still drives fine, but when I bring it in to get the tire unmounted/mounted on a new rim I'll get them to check everything out a bit better.

It's still holding pressure at 40psi, is it fine to drive on do you guys think?

edit; forgot some words.

Four Banger fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Dec 12, 2010

Four Banger
Oct 29, 2008
I noticed someone hit mine :(
There's a few deep scratches on my rear bumper on the drivers side corner. I'm betting someone in a truck did it in the parking lot here at work. Bottom of their bumper hit the top of mine. Jerks.

Also replaced the wipers and started looking for new wheels and new summer tires that I'll be needing soon.

Four Banger
Oct 29, 2008
Was gonna give the 9-5 a spring tune up, plugs, air filter,was gonna do an oil change on monday, as we're closed for victoria day :canada: Went to the local canadian tire, and they wanted 99 bucks for an air filter, decided against that, said they didn't have an oil filter that would fit my car and the only spark plugs they had (supposedly) were 20 bucks a pair. So I ended up doing none of that.

But I did fix my bumper! It was hanging a bit from a hyundai decided to stop in the middle of an icy road on a blind corner, and I decided a snow bank would be softer than their bumper. Also removed a heat shield that was rattling.

Four Banger
Oct 29, 2008
Put it up for sale. Lookin to get a small pick up, and there's a Sonoma that has caught my eye.

Four Banger
Oct 29, 2008

Took it out into the woods on some old logging roads. It's my first AWD car, and this was the first time I've had a chance to take it out and really have fun with it. It had no problem crawling it's way through a dried up river bed, and didn't complain when I really gave it some gas and had some fun pretending to be Colin McRae. I don't care what anyone says, I love my dyke wagon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Four Banger
Oct 29, 2008

Crustashio posted:

I thought about it, but an 11oz can in canada is 22.99+tax. And that's if you can find it, almost nowhere carries it around here. Tomorrow I'll check the one place that supposedly carries it.

If you find it in Halifax, I'd appreciate knowing where, I want to just make my winter wheels not look like poo poo. The coating is flaking off, it's pretty gross.

Also, it wasn't today, but this week I managed to spend $1000 dollars on my 13 year old Forester. Replaced all the belts (timing belt included), found out my oil was leaking from the oil pressure switch, so that was replaced, and had a full oil change and coolant flush/fill. And now I have a full exhaust system sitting in the back of the wagon waiting to be installed once I have the money.

I wish I had tools/room to fix things myself.