Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Purchased a new primary 02 sensor because when I installed my header two years ago, I apparently cross-threaded the poo poo out of the stock one. $300 lesson in stupidity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I'm about to go clean my TSX inside and out, and then enjoy a weekend of driving around in the nice weather (in between a solid week of rain) we're having.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

nerdrum posted:

Competition Stage 4 Sprung Six Puck clutch with a Competition 8lbs Flywheel
3.15 Supercharger Pulley, 520 cc injectors and a flashpro unit.

300whp in a fwd honda here we come :coolfish:

loving awesome. I need to get some cash saved up to add K-Pro + 3" pulley + water/meth injection to my boosted TSX.

As for me, today I washed my car and registered it for a show on July 12th (http://www.autoandbikeshow.com/).

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

kimbo305 posted:

Nooooo don't do it yet! Pay off the car first or get it pro tuned before you get more power adders. I know the power is intoxicating but you gotta put first things first.

Oh, I know. That's why I said "I need to get some cash", rather than "I'm going to order parts now". I'm done "big" mods until 2010 at the earliest... I'm focusing on paying it off now, may pick up a Mugen grill and a rear window spoiler to round out the aesthetics, but that's about it.

Plus I like leaving myself stuff to look forward to. I've had the car almost 3 years exactly (7/12), so I haven't rushed to this stage.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

kill me now posted:

installed

I may drive into the sand trap on purpose next track day!

Badass ride. I love seeing tow hooks on a car that actually gets tracked. Being an import enthusiast, I'm constantly surrounded by cars with pointless (and often improperly mounted) tow hooks, just because it's "mad JDM, son" to have them.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

King-Kong posted:

Finally got some new wheels(Borbet Type XL, 18") + tires(225/45ZR18 General Exclaim UHP) to replace my OEM hub caps, and I swapped out the factory radio for something my ipod would get a long with (Pioneer FH-P8000BT):

Your car is desperately asking to be lowered.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Clayed and waxed it. Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax is loving awesome.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

PBCrunch, did you raise the car when installing the Koenigs? I remember it being substantially lower... I think it looks a tad goofy at the present height, to be honest... looked better dropped on stockies.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

BabyJesus posted:

Holy crap the new wheels are infinitely better than the old ones. Nice Celica!

Yep, the new whites are a hell of a lot nicer. Good work.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Installed a Mugen grill (wicked JDM!) on my TSX. I like it.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Rear window visor arrived and I loosely test-fitted it for this picture. It goes in for paint on Wednesday.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Got my roof spoiler back from paint and put it on the TSX... happy with how it came out. I think it flows well. And extra show points never hurt anyone, especially with the first show of the season coming up Saturday.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

destructo posted:

Beautiful, can't get enough of concave TE-73s

Agreed. They look fantastic. Gorgeous Supra.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

The mounting button for the rear-view mirror on my 96 XJ fell off the windshield, so I re-affixed it with superglue/accelerant. Worked like a charm. It was oddly peaceful driving with no headlights or other cars in my rear view, however.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Looks great. Will it settle more? Rear looks a bit high.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

What's your daily?

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

DropShadow posted:

Picked it up from the shop last night:

• Front end respray (bumper, hood, fenders)
• Rear bumper respray
• Painted side markers
• Clear corners with Phil's lenses, chrome bulbs & LED city lights
• RS4 grill
• Cupra R lip
• New S-Line valance, dark gray satin finish
• A8 rings on the hatch
• Front & rear clear bra to be installed next week.

I'll take better photos once my summer wheels go back on and the coilovers come down.

You still have my favorite car on these forums. My God. I'd kill for one of those as a DD.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Is that a set of BMW 162's on the wall? What're they going on?

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Great work cleaning up that tan leather interior. I'm a black interior guy mself. My fiancee had a tan leather interior on her 09 Jetta, and ever since that car I've been doing my best to indoctrinate her against tan leather. The fact that it turns the color of your jeans no matter what you do is just obnoxious.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

DropShadow posted:

Washed it over lunch, then started thinking about selling it to get back into a wagon.

I was never sure why you let that beautiful wagon go to begin with. :(

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Timmy Cruise posted:

He should get a few solid shifts out of it.

Solid hockey post.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Truck got a new exhaust installed on Friday. Makes the 5.0 sound like a boss.

That looks awesome.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I had a 96 XJ with a relentlessly droopy headliner. I eventually gave up on the spray adhesive approach and let it hang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Darchangel posted:

If you're 6'2" like me, you literally can't get in the car with the top up, your knees are trapped between the dash and the steering wheel, and you eyes are *almost* above the top of the windshield. I can't drive an NA without some serious seat mods.
NCs were usable. NDs I haven't tried, but if they continued the trend, I should fit pretty well in them.

I'm 6'3" 215, mostly legs, and got into a Miata at an auto show once. I needed a spotter to get out again. File the Miata along with the S2k and many other coupes/roadsters I cannot comfortably get into let alone drive safely. My old Acura TSX was the smallest car I could comfortably drive on a daily basis. Love my Grand Cherokee now. Proper tall man vehicle.