Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Yesterday I finally installed the brake rotors and pads that Jamal sent me a year ago. I'm now retroactively angry at myself for every time I've ever paid someone to do that, it was stupid easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Minto Took posted:

Looks good.

The new style center console type is nice since I'm also someone who perpetually uses their armrest and a drink can go in the back. With the old style, was the armrest kind that hinged on the side not worth the effort?

All in all, I feel like I'll be getting more bottled drinks for driving since I use the door cup holder whenever I can.

The hinged kind is the one I installed, and it makes the arm rest the absolute perfect height for me when I'm driving.
The only thing that sucks is if I am drinking coffee, as that's the one thing that I can't really put in the door cup holder.
As much as I love my car, they really poo poo the bed with that center console.

DrChu posted:

Did some interior work on the BRZ today.
I just noticed you have PA plates, and your profile says Philly. Did you join the Philly 86 group on facebook? If not you totally should. We haven't done anything recently because of the apocalypse, but the meets are car nerd fun.

Taken after a road trip from KoP to Reading.

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 12:32 on May 7, 2020

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

DrChu posted:

When I got the car there was nothing, just the double cupholder thing you could move to the front or back. I found a cheap armrest that goes into those cupholders but the whole thing was flimsy and not ideal. I've seen the hinged kind and they look nice, but you completely lose the ability to use it and the cupholders at the same time, and its awkward to have open when someone is in the passenger space since it'd basically be on their arm. I've also replaced the 12V socket in there with a USB line to the stereo and its more convenient being able to just plug in my phone than opening and closing the lid and maybe forgetting that its in there.

Yeah, I joined last year but haven't been able to make it to any of the meets yet. Hoping to be able to get to one once things start up again.

Cool. I hope to see you there. I'm in Lansdale, by the way.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Yesterday I tried to diagnose why my ac on my ranger is pushing hot air.

The low side is reading 40psi, the high 300 at 75 deg. air temperature, which means it's most likely a bad compressor. I don't have the ability to drain the system (without venting it into the atmosphere) so it looks like I'm taking it to the shop tomorrow.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

PitViper posted:

40/300 in an AC system sounds like a blockage somewhere on the high side. Hard to build 300psi of pressure with a bad compressor.

STR posted:

That sounds more like a clog somewhere, or wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy overcharged.

But it's coming apart if there's a clog anyway.

Apparently it was way simpler than that, although I never would have figured it out in a million years.

The blend door actuator failed, so the system was never able to flip over to cool. Anyway, I've got nice and frosty ac now.