Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
Just put $30 of new gas in the tank from a different gas station than i normally go to.

Oh and the front bumper has been fixed after looking like poo poo for the past 3 years.

BeastPussy fucked around with this message at 19:08 on May 29, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
-armor-all on the dash and console
-armor-all anti odor spray on seats and rugs
-ziptied the plastic underbody pieces that were hanging down so they stop flapping and scraping all the time

oh and DROVE THE PISS OUT OF IT for a little bit

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
just got my front struts replaced, oil changed, and wheels balanced so i flew to school @ about 90 the whole way since i leave before the sun rises and the whole ride was smooth as glass in comparison to how it was before

so nice

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
audio upgrade

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
oil change and topped off coolant, also found out that
• LR + RR brakes dragging, inner pads worn - need new calipers
• LF tie rods shot
• possible leak from power steering gear/lines
• drivers side hood strut leaking fierce

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
got my car ready for the winter by getting winter wiper blades and rain x anti-fog glass poo poo and a flask

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
Did an oil change with 10w40 instead of 10w30/5w30 on my 189k mile vehicle. Oops. Lets see what happens with this.

Oh, did I mention that its still winter here in New England?

BeastPussy fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Feb 18, 2011

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
Promptly put 20 miles on it for no reason after I got it back from the body shop. Some dickhead passed and cut me off late at night on a two lane road, tore off the front bumper + plastics and tried to blame me.

from this:

to this:

I'd like to thank his insurance company for footing the entire bill.

I'd also like to thank Stoneham Motor Company Collision Center for their excellent work. Anybody looking for a body shop north of Boston should check them out. It took a little longer to get the car back than they or I originally expected but I picked it up today cleaned inside and out. My family has gone there for years with repair work and they're always done nothing but stellar work.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
trying to do rear pads and rotors when 90% of the tools you didn't think you'd need are in your toolbox at work kinda sucks

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao

Kotaru posted:

My 99 junkyard 1MZFE. Just finished cleaning everything. In process of replacing valve stem seals and working on the heads. Need to order some OEM headgaskets before I button it all back together. Everything in that picture engine related cost about 300 bucks total.

Woo! Budget builds!

I have to now watch this video 30 more times to motivate myself enough to get it into the MR2; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WAGPPRWWmA

if 1MZFEs are available for that cheap I should get one, rebuild it, tear out the old and tired one in my car and pop in the fresh one.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
did rear rotors and pads the other day to compliment the new rear calipers i did in january. found out that the underside is still made up of surface rust and seized bolts. thank god for acetylene, oxygen, hammers, vice grips and ratchet extensions.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao

Muffinpox posted:

I've also been parking it out front to lure out beast pussy. ONE OF THESE DAYS.

If you ever park it near Publick House on a Thursday night I might catch it! I don't go into many other parts of the city as often as I used to but that may change now that its the season for cycling. I enjoy playing with cars in city traffic for some reason.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
changed my oil at work and found out several things due to the usefulness of lifts:

-one of the rear wheel bearings is so shot that the wheel visibly wobbles when you grab it and shake. this probably explains the noise i've had for the last couple years and definitely explains the more recent tendency for the back to violently whip from side to side if i hit any sort of decent bump while turning.

-power steering pump is leaking so the brand new rack I had put in a couple months ago was most likely not the problem.

-after i got the rack installed and before i started my new job i took the car to sears for an alignment where they failed to undo the boot clips on the inner tie rods before aligning it. i now need two new inner boots because neither one is designed to be in two pieces and open to the elements.

oh and the oil cap on top of the block doesn't sit tight anymore and that just plain irks me.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao

heat posted:

:laugh:

it wasn't loose when I did the rear brakes a month ago :(

i think i know exactly which nasty rotary pothole is to blame though.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
I'm not gonna die in a fiery 3 wheel car crash thanks to $50 and some free time at work.

month old rotors that were, naturally, stuck on good and tight

new, quiet, tight, shiny

16 year old hub and the ABS tone wheel from the new hub. I don't have ABS so I just knocked it off with a hammer and ground down the seat it was on until things fit.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao

CornHolio posted:

These were the bigger bolts, holding the carrier to the knuckle. The ones that hold the caliper to the carrier are smaller though I don't know their strength.

It doesn't really seem like either set of bolts would really take all that much load though, apart from whatever braking force is being applied. Unless I'm imagining it wrong in my head...

You're imagining it wrong. When you go to stop or slow down, the weight of your entire car is attempting to continue forward and continue turning the wheels. Your car is attempting to rip its own brakes off every time you use them and those bolts are the only thing stopping that from happening.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
replaced the old filler neck. no more giant gas puddles when i fill up from now on.

the power steerings been leaking like a bastard for the last two months. lately i've had to fill it up every 3-4 days but on thursday i had a day trip up to maine. it was empty in the morning so i filled it up before i left. 160 miles and 14 hours later it went bone dry as i pulled into my driveway. I had to fill it up today when i went on lunch at 3 in the afternoon and when i pulled the car into the shop to work on it at 6:15 half of it was gone.

the return line was the guilty party and as a result the right half of the engine bay and underbody were coated in atf.

i'm a cheap prick so I cut the steel line at the top and removed the rubber hose from the bottom and replaced it all with some 3/8" fuel injection hose since the return doesn't carry any pressure. we'll see how it goes.

BeastPussy fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jul 24, 2011

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
so you hit curbs when parallel parking

:( sigh

get some practice yo

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
no worries but woah woah woah corvette? did i miss something somewhere? i never knew you had a vette.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao

meatpimp posted:

Some people buy a Z06 and don't tell AI about it. They're typically bad people.

Muffinpox posted:

Some people buy one, tell you, and still haven't given you a ride 2 months later despite living a mile away :argh:
KIMBO YOURE AN rear end in a top hat

sometime soon you boston nerds should meet me at publick house, we'll get kimbo trashed and then we can joyride the vette

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
Hit a bird in midflight so I gave my car a hug for being so vicious.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao

DogDodger posted:

Nicely done. I've hit three birds in flight, and all with the same car. The RS 4 has taken a strike on the windshield, one on the driver's mirror (which actually popped the glass loose), and this poor little guy. Guess the car likes poultry.

drat. This one went off the front bumper and the first one I hit bounced off the windshield and over the car. I'll try for the mirror next time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao

Mr.Peabody posted:

I know this song and dance. How about a Pheasant at 100 mph?

e: Yes, its wing was flapping against my hood as I drove about 5 miles with a 10 lbs bird crammed into my grill and proceeded to a military base where the gate guard was kind enough to point out I had a giant bird stuck in my grill. Thanks, I hadn't noticed.

I hope you mounted that poo poo on your wall.