Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
I jump started my car and drove it up and down the street! Haha naysayers, it does actually run!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

Baby Hitler posted:

When is the last time it was started?

Maybe a month or so ago.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

Thehit posted:

Yup, kph haha. I'd be a sad panda if I was doing mid 12s at 175 mph.
It's an Evo 6, so fair bit of weight in it too.

Got an FP Red sitting here next to me, and waiting on some cams to turn up, then gonna try and go for 400hp atw and see how well the stock internals can take it haha.

If you're only aiming for 400 whp, a Red is a bit of an overblown choice. Considering 6 bolt 4G63s with stock cast internals can fart around at 400 WHP all day, I don't think it's a big deal.

I'm looking to hit 400AWHP on a FP3065 before calling it a day.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

kastein posted:

Went to get an inspection in the red beater jeep, failed for a screwed up e-brake. Balls.

Tore it apart, and after having to use a lot of choice words and a large hammer to remove the drums, discovered that the shoes were so badly worn there was almost nothing left of the friction material at the tops, all the adjusters were rusted into solid blobs of rust, and the self adjuster spring cables had rusted in half and fallen down into the bottom of the drum, where they were slowly being ground to pieces.

Fortunately I had a full set of hardware, almost brand new shoes, and almost brand new drums that had come with an axle I converted to disc brakes, so I threw all the parts on and now it'll lock up the rear wheels doing at least 10mph, I didn't try any faster.

Back to the inspection station bright and early tomorrow I guess.

They fail you for an ebrake failure? drat, where do you live?

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I've never had an ebrake test done, and I've never considered it a mission critical item either. :confused:

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

bull3964 posted:

Ebrake is absolutely "mission critical" if you want your car to stay put when you park it.

Uhh, you put it in gear?

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

Nait Sirhc posted:

Got the DSM out of retirement while the M5 is in the shop. Rolling on SWEET CHROME MOTEGIS until I'm annoyed enough to buy proper tires for the '99 GSX OZ wheels.

GSX's never came with OZ wheels, they came with the 10 spoke 2 piece wheels that love corroding and denting. :eng101:

The 99 anniversary GS model came with the 16" OZ wheels which were so cute and late 90s feeling.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

Guy Random posted:

Attempted to mount the new oil pan on the DSM to eliminate an oil pan leak. Ordered a $70 aftermarket Spectra pan that is actually pretty well regarded by the community. Rip off the crossmember, transfer case, downpipe, intermediate shaft bracket, and wheel liner necessitated by said crossmemeber removal. Get super OCD on RTV and start mounting up the pan. Running bolts in by hand I hear a tink then metallic sound. HHHmmm odd nothing seems out of place. I finish pan bolts and go to put on the turbo oil drain flange and after fumbling with the bolts notice, the nuts aren't there. poo poo, its in the pan. So.....to hold the drain flange there is a plate with two captive nuts on the inside edge of the pan(two bolts go in from outside the pan) and the spot welds just broke off, Great. Rip it off and rush to clean up the quickly drying RTV. Turns out the pan was slightly banana shaped. Torqueing the bolts just by hand straightened it out. The plate with the nuts was spot welded on while the pan was still banana shaped. Go to just tack weld it on with the mig, and I immediately hate the amount of spatter getting in places I can't see or reliably clean (not to mention burning paint off a brand new oil pan)and give up. Check the pan on a precision block and yup its out a good 1/8th in the middle. WTF. AT this point I become a two year old and smash it on the work bench and walk away. I bought it from Rock auto and they're just a vendor so usually that means SOL there. Go to write an email to Spectra and they don't list an email address ANYWHERE. So I have to call or write a letter. New pans are $209....what the hell is it with these God drat cars. Is it still nickel and dimeing when even the cheap crap is $200?

I should have just bolted the flange on and hoped like hell that oil drain flange would never have to be removed.

Yeah, this is pretty much my life when working on cars.

Weld on an AN fitting to the drain hole and fill in the bolt holes. That'll show it.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

On my rear hatch I just ended up buying a spare hatch off a guy and replacing the tinted one because the glue was so awful.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

EightBit posted:

How anyone gets away with making non-polarized sunglasses is just :psyduck:. You can get effective, but ugly and fragile, polarized sunglasses at walmart for less than :20bux:.

I know this might blow your mind, but there's different applications for sunglass tints!

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

My jack decided that it would be much happier rolling over the other week, and I cracked my front end. (I was not under it and was getting the stands under the car) :(

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

Just don't crash.

Problem solved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

BigHouseOfBooty posted:

Decals and stripes are so tacky. Nearly every fiat 500 abarth has a big dumb abarth logo on the side, looks cheesy.

Nah.