Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Re-drilled the hangers on my hardbody with some friends.

http://instagram.com/p/cSHx-UMbD5/

Let me know if that link works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
I picked up some used wheels and tires a week or two ago, just got around to cleaning the rust off them, then had to turn the tires around, other guy had white letters out. Balanced em up and threw some shine on really quick. I tried to clean the center caps with soap and water, but they might need a little compound. Should bring good money at the swap meet!

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Wow, those tails look great, good idea.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Link the vendor's store.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Just replaced the calipers on my s10, the old ones were worn out badly around the pins and even new bushings were of no use, they rattled so badly. Now I can drive in peace!

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Looks like you're off to a great start. I've been debating between buying a Chinese SATA, using my dad's old cheapys or buying the HF gun.

Did you get any orange peel? Did u shoot or rattle can the primer? How many coats of base? I have never had a satin finish so idk how you go about sanding and buffing it.

I'm on my phone, but look forward to checking out the pics on my PC.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Had a friend burn in my roll pan, then smoothed it out and put on some 2k primer for now. Going to work on that gnarly sent that was hiding behind the bumper trim before painting.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
I always go with the offset plate, and get made fun of enough for that.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Seminal Flu posted:

I like the offset plate. Nothing wrong with some asymmetry. The way the tailgate handle is slanted in the opposite direction from the Chevrolet lettering though... That bug me. :)

Oh yeah, this whole gate is tweaked, bows out to center, and you gotta give it a yank to get the latches to release, someone was really tugging on that handle lmao.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Installed drop spindles, new rotors and did the wheel bearings, cut the bump stop brackets outta the back and put a drop block in. Front is actually 3/4-1" lower, but I'm gonna put a 1" coil in, better look. Becoming a great little beater.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Tomarse posted:

Spent ages filling and rubbing down and then started spraying it

Now for lots more filling and rubbing down :(

looking good! What kind of primer are you shooting and through what?

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Tomarse posted:

It looks good in a potato shot from 6 foot!

I'm using 1k cellulose as I don't have an air fed mask for 2k. That's 2 coats of high build primer which I shot through the cheapest generic spray gun you can buy here. It has showed up that I have lots of surface work to do on the arches (which are all new metal so this isn't too surprising).
I've got a nicer gravity fed gun which i'm going to use for the top coat. I'm looking forward to using that over the lovely gun.

Ok cool. I really want to try shooting some of that polyeser primer surfacer, which needs at least a 1.8 tip. I can drill out the fluid cap on an HF gun and get 1.98 I read somewhere.

This weekend I shot 2k epoxy primer, 1k base and 2k Clear all from rattle cans I got at the auto body supplier. The 2k products were activated it was pretty cool, I'll post a pic tomorrow. For PPE I am using a 3m halfmask with p95 cartridges, coveralls, glasses and a head sock. hopefully not getting cancer.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
That's what I used, very cool. I did a p.bad job blending and piled the paint up on the tape in some spots, going to try and wetsand the line down tomorrow then wash cut and buff the whole truck.

Pulled the dashboard today and replaced the blend door actuator, finally will be able to drive without hot air coming thru the vents. I picked up a charcoal colored dash in decent shape for $40, so I threw that in. Really lucked out since 1994 S10 pickup has a lot of one year only parts.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
If what you say is true they prob wouldn't pay to put the whole truck in the booth, prep, mask, shoot, buff. It'll probably take an act of God to get it back in.

Any way to find out how many hours the insurance company paid for?

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Finally started working on my 51 Chevy today. Pulled the old leaking gas tank out, I've got an aftermarket replacement and a new sending unit, just need to read the instructions how they want the level float rod bent, buy some screws for it, and make a gasket.

Going to try to work an hour a day on it, it's a runner so once I knock this out it's on to the fun stuff.

E-

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Those lil things are so awesome kake.

White wall Wednesday. Gotta mount my new bumpers, oil change, pull moldy headliner out, polish hubcaps, then put the skirts back on and cruise.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Put bumpers on, changed oil, washed it. 30 mile round trip shakedown and it went well, 15lbs oil pressure, supposed to be just fine for these old stove bolts.

Can't wait to ditch this little 1bbl, leaks like a bastard. I've got a Weber 32/36 to rebuild, gonna try and knock that out this week.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Bought some stuff for the 235 I'm building.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
drat that's rough.

I cut the spring perches off the ten bolt that's going in my 51 Chevy. Ground it all smooth, scrubbed a lot of rust off and painted it. Motor and driveline swap in two weeks!

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
If it ain't fun I don't gently caress with it on a daily.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Got one drum off the axle, the other side is pretty rusted to the hub. I hit it with map gas torch this morning for a while and got it somewhat loose but still stuck. More kroil and I'll try again in a few hours.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Got in the garage during nap time. Did my flares and brake lines on my new rear end. Positioned them to use the existing brake tee and hose. I’ll pull that bracket off and tack it in the right spot after I get everything under the car.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Maybe the stud for alternator mount to tension fan belt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Beautiful