Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Lowclock posted:

Hopefully they're as good as the reviews make them out to be.

Sup Hankook Ventus V12 ordering buddy! :hfive: I ordered a set in 225/40/18 for my S4 today. I'm excited to get rid of my Eagle F1 all seasons (I've had them for 3 years)

edit: I'm insanely jealous of your price per tire!

GramCracker fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Mar 26, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Got my Hankooks today. Props to Tire Rack for the stupid quick shipping!

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
So I got the Hankook Ventus' on my car and HOLY loving poo poo! It's such a night and day difference between my old tires (Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S) and the new Hankooks. The ride is so much smoother, I don't feel each and every single hairline crack in the road, and road noise is reduced tenfold. I'm so happy with my purchase/investment. I'd highly recommend these if you're looking for new tires.

DropShadow posted:

Helped a buddy swap out the halogen headlights on his A4 with a set of bixenons. Another friend with a DTM S4 showed up too.

I love the B7 Avant rear :allears:

On topic: I dropped my car off for a headliner replacement/swap (mine had a horribly done suede install that was sagging tits), cam seals, valve cover gaskets, other various top end engine seals, timing belt, waterpump, thermostat, some cluster FUSE error issue, and I am swapping my ebay exhaust for a Borla. I'm VERY excite to get my car back with a good bill of health and about all issues with it solved!

GramCracker fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Apr 1, 2012

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

KozmoNaut posted:

Bought some light reading for my car:

That's the best kind of reading. How are you liking your 500?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

KozmoNaut posted:

I like my Panda very much :)

Dang haha I had a 50/50 chance of guessing right.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

DropShadow posted:

or sell them to someone on Audizine with their parents' money to spend.

I thought this part was pretty funny.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
What did I do to my ride? I sold it and bought this:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

DropShadow posted:

Wait, you already picked it up? Or is that what yours will look like?

That is mine! I picked it up last night.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Crustashio posted:

Only issue might be that it started to lift up the entire cupboard assembly. Thank god I don't own the place :v:

Also, these showed up on my doorstep today:

These tires kick SOO much rear end, it's awesome. Great purchase!

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I lowered it on H&R Springs...now the front suspension clunks :smithicide:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

DropShadow posted:

Bought it.

gently caress. Yes. I demand a ride before you leave CT.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Over the weekend I did the first oil change on the Abarth. 1,400 miles and I changed out the oil for some nice 5w-40 Shell Rotella. It's awesome having a motor that takes almost no oil compared to an Audi S4 (3.8 quarts vs. 7 quarts)

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Dizman posted:

How are you liking it so far? I've wanted to test drive one for a while now, but no dealers in my area have one, or are getting one anytime soon, and I'm not committing a non-refundable deposit on a car I don't know if I'll like.

I wouldn't expect many dealers (or any for that matter) to have a test drive car. I was very lucky in that one dealer an hour from me decided to not sell their demo car. A $22k purchase is not something you want to do without knowing you're doing the right thing, or maybe it is...

I really like it surprisingly. It's no S4 Avant, but it gets the job done for me, plus it's incredibly fun on small twisty back roads. The only time I've really regretted the switch was yesterday when a fart can Civic almost pulled on me. :catstare: I either need a tune or a different car.

GramCracker fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Jun 12, 2012

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

EightBit posted:

Someone makes a turbo kit for the Yaris, there's got to be some way to really put some zip in. Unless it comes with a turbo already, I know nothing about Fiats.

The regular Fiat's don't have turbos. The whole idea behind the Abarth is that it's a small turbo motor. I'm sure the European car has turbo upgrade options, it just might be a while before the North American market sees a turbo kit that will work for us.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

KozmoNaut posted:

The Euro Abarth 500 has 135hp in standard trim, 160hp in the Esseesse version.

As you know, the US Abarth has 160hp already, since it has the Multiair valvetrain, which the Euro hasn't gotten yet.

But considering there are special Ferrari and Maserati editions of the Euro Abarth with 180hp and an Assetto Corse version with 200hp and 300nm, I'm sure the US Abarth can be tuned to over 200hp with relatively simple work.

Yes, we already are getting a few people with the TMC tuning box and the Magnetti Marelli box. 190hp should be easily achievalbe considering the 160hp it's rated at in stock form is actually 160 wheel hp.

What did I do to my car today? I got so bothered by the Civic thing I put it up for sale (as a feeler ad, of course)

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?5919-FS-2012-Fiat-Abarth&p=561751#post561751

GramCracker fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jun 12, 2012

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

DropShadow posted:

Okay, holy poo poo. Expect an email from me soon.

The new wheels look better than the ones you got the car with. But I'm still waiting on that email. :colbert:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
So I installed the following over a grueling 12 hour wrench session

-ecode headlights
-4,300k HIDs
-H&R coilovers
-Miro 111 wheels in 18x8.5 w/ Hankook Ventus V12's (225/40/18)
-some spacers up front

This project would have taken 5 hours, except one of the control arm bolts wouldn't come out no matter what we attempted :bang: We started at noon and finished at 2:30am.

Now that the suspension is settled, I need to raise the rear as it's very low. Anyway, enough yapping, more pics.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

_firehawk posted:

Did you try fire? As in a torch? I have always found turning up the heat on things gets things moving.

We had fire on it for at least five minutes (multiple times) and that did jack poo poo.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

ratbert90 posted:

I once had a strut pinch bolt require not only fire, but a full day of PB and liquid wrench, and even then I couldn't break it loose with even a snapon 1/2 air impact. I had to spot weld a 1inch socket onto the bolt and then use a 20 inch breaker bar + cheater pipe to break the fucker.

So I feel your pain man.

We ended up removing a different control arm bolt and pulling the entire assembly out rather than removing the bolt. That mother fucker will never get out on my watch, I will shake the person's hand who gets that bolt loose.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I put lights on my wagon! :downs:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I ordered my wagon some aftermarket 3" downpipes because the stock ones managed to sardine can open on something. So much for not doing any motor modifications :smith:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Paul Boz_ posted:

poo poo dude it's on, now.

Yea man, she's going to me sounding real mean. I'll post a video after the install, just gotta borrow my friend's GoPro.

Beach Bum posted:

New wiper blades and a gallon of washer fluid :woop:

My jets are clogged though :argh:

The Trico-made Carquest brand blades are actually quite nice compared to the Bosch Icons the PO had on there.

Really? I have a set of the Trico blades for maybe 3 months now and think they are utter poo poo. Streaking and skipping all over my windshield.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I know this isn't the place to mention it, and the post above made me think of it, but we really need a downs-haw emoticon.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I picked it up from the shop (EPL in CT) today. I had the following installed/replaced:

-motor mounts
-trans mounts
-snub mount
-rear diff mount
-accessory belt
-3" downpies
-ASP catback exhaust

I'm in love all over again, the new mounts make this car feel 'solid' so to say. Very happy with all the $$$ I spent.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I made my wagon sound mean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9aR-BTiGK4

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Dude, I love your car. It's amazing in every way possible. :glomp:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Comrade Flynn posted:

Finally got the midpipe installed. God, the old one has to weigh 3x what the new one does. Also updated the tune to the Cobb Stage 2.

Should be at ~540whp now. Drivability is amazing as it makes 16psi from 2500+rpm now, vs taking to 5500rpm before. It sounds fantastic as I can finally hear the turbos spool thanks to the intake and the exhaust sounds much more throaty due to the midpipe. Probably done modding it for awhile as it's now scary, unreal fast.

I demand a video. :colbert:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
So since I installed my coilover suspension, I've had some clunking coming from the front end. I finally got some spare time to drop the car off at the shop and get it fixed.

Eventually I get a call from the shop! All of my front control arms are shot and I'd be looking at a $1700 bill after parts + labor. Yea, totally keep my car and perform the work! NAHHHT. :suicide:

gently caress. Me.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I washed off 3 months worth of winter grime and took a few pictures.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

BigHouseOfBooty posted:

Decals and stripes are so tacky. Nearly every fiat 500 abarth has a big dumb abarth logo on the side, looks cheesy.

Factory installed. Before I took delivery of my Abarth I demanded the dealer removed them. Ridiculous looking things and incredibly tacky.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Got around to installing Neuspeed lowering springs, really enjoying the minimized wheel gap and slight increase in handling! Went out this evening and had my buddy drive the car while I took a few photos.

GramCracker fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Aug 15, 2014

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I did my first 2 stage cut and polish this past sunday. My hands were incredibly sore the next day but it's absolutely worth the effort and energy required. Used a ton of Adam's Polishes products and the car came out great - the depth of the paint now is insane.

lovely potato phone pic:

(yes, i need to find new center caps and lower it)

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Cage posted:

The cactus is nice but is the blue one yours too? That looks sharp.

I question the chrome (?) mirrors on both cars, however.

The blue one is my best friend's. He bought it back in 2013 (I think) and has just been modifying it very slowly. Neither car is a true sports interior car though, so your eyeballs are right. The guy I sold my car to, and bought it back from, swapped the matte silver mirror caps I made for legit aluminum ones. The nogaro car had the mirrors swapped off a nogaro/nogaro automatic avant that he picked up for waaaay cheap. I'm trying to convince him to swap the full sport interior into the car in the image but he's not budging.

There is a bonus 3rd avant in the photo...and it's also a 6sp Cactus.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I’ve had my car for almost two years now, decided to celebrate by installing H&R springs and a full turboback exhaust. I need to tune the car now to remove the CEL and get the engine/ECU to play nice with the exhaust.

At the beginning of April I ordered a set of BBS LM-R’s and those arrived this past Saturday. Happier than a pig in poo poo and totally worth the wait.

I’m phone posting, sorry if these images come up far too big

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Got the R32 back from a ~2 month shop visit. Tweaked a bunch of little things for QOL, got some new RE71-RS tires as the old set of Advans were from 2017, and got the car flex fuel tuned. I had the tuner go very conservative and we did 15psi on 93 octane for ~490whp and 20psi E55 for ~555whp (this was done on a Mustang dyno)

We also managed to get ATTESA working too, which turned out to be as simple as being ECU/tune related! :woop:

The car is a night and day difference from when I dropped it off, I'm super happy and now it is time to enjoy :)

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Paint correction going down, followed by ceramic coat

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Got off my rear end and finally installed my Bride Stradia II seats in the GT-R

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Over the weekend my friend and I did a single stage paint correction to remove some light imperfections from delivery, and applied cquartz 3.0 and gliss.