Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

I know how much you like ponies so I got you a ponies avatar bro

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

Well.. i haven't DONE it yet because I just picked these up.

BUUTTT....

Naruto wall scroll spotted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

Doctor Zero posted:

Just changed my battery terminals. Had been getting the electrical gremlins that some WJs get, so I figured I'd start with the easy stuff. There was a lot of corrosion when I pulled the suckers off, actually, so I feel pretty good about this being the culprit. Cleaned the cables, applied dielectric grease, put marine-grade terminals on it, and even got some of those anti-corrosion pad dealies.

Looks a whole lot better, so we'll see if it helps.

All my girlfriends electrical problems went away when I did this. Sometimes the easy things work, and it's awesome.

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

Mechanical fuel injection? :v:

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

MATLAB 1988 posted:

Might check out a 240d this weekend. My favorite color combo and manual everything, 55k miles, for sale by 94 year old original owner. I pretty much have to buy it. The passenger's rear quarter panel has some rust starting, though.

Have you bought this yet, I want a thread about it when you do.

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

FatCow posted:

A compression check on the Miata.

180 120 75 180

Looks like a new block is in my future.

I thought low compression between 2 adjacent cylinders was usually just a gasket leak?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

Socracheese posted:

I've never posted about my automotive exploits here, but I thought you guys might like this. I'm wrapping up a year-long project of putting a 13b into my miata. I ported and built the engine and ecu myself. I'm really stoked to have it running.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oz35TbjX5A

Make a thread about this, please.

Immediately.