Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

[-4] Flaw: Heart Broken - Tehk is extremely lonely. The Gay Empire's ultimate weapon finds it hard to have time for love.
Decided to put a intercooler/intake on my 454ci swapped S2000 big enough that I will never be able to fit a hood on the thing I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

[-4] Flaw: Heart Broken - Tehk is extremely lonely. The Gay Empire's ultimate weapon finds it hard to have time for love.
Yeah it is my baby. I will do a build thread when the rest of the parts show up to get it running for tx2k

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

Yeah it is twin borg warner forged S369SXE 69mm turbos. Enough turbo to push 1900hp. Probably wont be shooting past 1300 with this build due to me wanting to have the fastest independent rear suspension S2000 and that much power just won't work with a braced honda subframe and IRS ford 8.8

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Holy poo poo.

This has all of my favorite keywords.

Borg Warner

69mm Turbo

>1000 hp

IRS

S2000

Ford 8.8 (>Ford diffs in Japanese cars in general, not a Ford fanboy but the juxtaposition is delish)

forged

>implying the frame is the limit, not the components (:black101: :black101:)

Please, please. My penis can only get so erect.

Just one more to push you over the edge... Look at this air to water intercooler, it is erect as poo poo. Cold side piping is basically turbo->intake

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

I made one! I will try to keep it up to date since I am in a rush to be racing the UndergroundRacing lambos in a month at TX2k hopefully. I got them from a dig for sure but I want to take them from a 60 roll for good measure.

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

used my prius as a truck

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

Raluek posted:

Is that an Opel GT in the background? Knowing your friends, I'm interested in what crazy hijinks are going on with that.

Just your everyday a big block ford rat rod opel GT project

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

IOwnCalculus posted:

Jesus tap-dancing Christ is there anything you and your friends don't have going on?
We dont do losing to Lambos, McLarens, or GTRs. Not to support the trope of "built not bought" but none of my friends are buying what instagram thinks are fast cars. Though we are spending crazy money, for us, on our projects.

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I'm not modifying something that holds up $500 worth of metal I just bought. I can wait til saturday.

If you buy it and it bolts right on you didn't buy something worth buying!

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

I made my car's exhaust cry tear drops. Almost done

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

hattersmad posted:

Umm okay that's dope

Edit: Is that an FB in the background?
First gen rx7 full chassis car. Should be fast

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

I put some tubes on the front of my car to keep my meth safe and pulled my nose clip from the loft

Also does anyone have recommendations on removing powdercoating for welding and paint matching powder coat?

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

Working on my new firewall. Scalloped strips in chromoly silicon bronze TIGed to my chassis then the gaps will be filled with titanium sheet. Lighter than a solid steel firewall, more protection than a aluminum wall, and removable unlike a solid wall.

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

New Reid cased transmission and engine came. 2500hp capable dart based on a lsx. 1/2 studs, big mains, billet center counter weight crank and billet rods. Solid roller for 9000+rpm. Gonna make the rotary and F series crowd jealous Transmission is a dump valve setup which should help with spooling the turbo with a more useful converter.

tehk fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jan 29, 2020

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

I have a back halfed first gen rx7 that I just can’t get the motivation to work on. Complete with around 1200-1500hp at around 2000lbs I’m hoping.

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

Lasered and bent my motor plates, then installed my custom 16 injector intake and headers. It’s getting serious

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

Mounted my baby turbo and started welding up my hotside

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

TWSS posted:

Tehk can you tell me more about that y-merge on the passenger side of the engine bay, it looks like its one piece and not two bends cut/welded together?

It’s cast stainless. CF8m(cast 316) or CG12(cast 309) I suspect since it only is slightly magnetic. Came with gusseting on the inside of the Y as well which is nice. Welded nicely with 309l filler and it will last a long time with amazing flow. 3” in dual 3” out.

Few companies sell it, I think I got it from CXracing. Also if you want a sanitary y that goes twin 90 degree outs there are tons of them if you don’t want to make one.

Speaking of cutting tubes I picked up one of these and it’s a game changer for cutting sanitary elbows

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

Honestly don’t know how I’m gonna route this 5” ‘downpipe’ anywhere. Considered doing dual dumps but drat that’s a lot of hot pipe.

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

I am not sure if it being so far forward in the front would make visibility poo poo going in a straight line

tehk fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Mar 31, 2020

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

Darchangel posted:

It can't possibly be more obstructing that that scoop.
I'd personally make it flush with the surface of the hood, and probably teardrop it just for looks.

Honestly the scoop and the exhaust pipe are not the issue. The issue is the fire. During a pass it will be shooting flames 3’ out or so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leA4vzgjueU

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

More tubes, so many tubes

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Gonna be honest here.

Coulda used more tubes.

I figure I need about 15 foot of aluminum 1”, 3 more foot of 5” stainless downpipe minimum, 6-8 foot of 2” wastegate tube, about 10 foot of some 4” aluminum for the water to air intercooler that I’ll run when street driving, and maybe some burn down tubes made of 1-1/4 aluminum running under the car to the trunk to hold oil/meth fumes.

That should be all the solid tube. Another 35 foot of hose/tube for 16an(1”) fuel lines/radiator/burn down/intercooler water lines/vent.

Unlike the internet, this car is in fact just a series of tubes

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

Just my downpipe and blowoff valve left. Waiting on flanges, and the downpipe is waiting on class rules saying size and exit location. Wastegate dumps stolen from the S2000 should work as stubs once the pipe is ran.

Then I motorized my bead roll. Bent, hemmed, and offset some firewall panels. Now I just need to do some actual bead work on the panels so that I can stiffen them up. Then I must decide if I will silicon bronze tig them onto the chassis or use rivets to make them removable. PS clecos and cleco spring clamps are the best. If you don't have some, get some.

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

So do I plumb these radiators in series or parallel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

stevobob posted:

God I fuckin hate exhaust work

I always end up just cutting everything off with a cutting wheel any time I touch exhaust under a car. I don’t even waste time trying to remove bolts anymore. Tho I am tempted by those new fangle induction heating tools