Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
I only tend to vote if there's not a consensus for what I want already. So there doesn't seem to need to be another vote for three then one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin
Bip barely knows how to operate himself without direct instruction, I highly doubt he can do anything more with the dish than "PSUH BUTAN!"

edit: Love this comment: "If Bip feels bad about stealing (even if it was his in the first place), maybe he could leave them another grenade (sans pin, of course). That's like a trade AND a surprise, put together!"

Chaos Motor fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jun 17, 2009

ProfessorYesNo
Dec 10, 2006
What ain't no country I ever heard of. They speak English in what?
3, then 1.

Give them shrapnel hugs.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Since he shot down the mashing deathbot buttons like bip would so love to do, I guess 3 then 1 would be the next best choice.

lordblockhead
Jul 24, 2002

:awesomelon: ADDICTED TO
ROBOT SEX
:roboluv:
3 then 1. After wards remove oil from Giant walker and drink it's blood!!! Muhahahahhaha

Malagor
Jul 31, 2006
I didn't bother cause I thought it was pretty obvious everyone wanted
3 then 1

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin

lordblockhead posted:

3 then 1. After wards remove oil from Giant walker and drink it's blood!!! Muhahahahhaha

I like the way you think...

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Ok, this is pretty much unanimous so I'll start an update. I've been in exams for a while but I'm keeping the thread open, hopefully an update will come tomorrow if I do alright.

Voting Closed

boatiemathmo
Dec 12, 2004
Ah crap, was waay too late to this - moving town is bad news when it comes to internet connections.

I can't save him now, but grenades? BIP is hardly a trained marine. I'm nervous for him, here's hoping his new sense of power doesn't make him lose sight of his mission!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
I just finished reading from the beginning. Bip is too cute :3:

ObligatoryJerk
Nov 27, 2008

by angerbotSD

boatiemathmo posted:

Ah crap, was waay too late to this ...
I can't save him now, but grenades? BIP is hardly a trained marine ...

There is a picture earlier on of Little Bip trying to throw, I can just imagine him trying to "throw" a grenade with disastrous results. Poor Bip :(

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
For some odd reason, this:

is reminding me of this:

v:downs:v

Golden Dragon
Apr 9, 2007

Always speak politely to an enraged Dragon

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Wow, who knew our national borders were visible from space!

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Golden Dragon posted:

Just the AMERICAN ones :patriot:

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Golden Dragon posted:

In the Marvel-verse the Great Wall of China was stolen by The Vulture and relocated to the US-Mexican border in The Amazing Spiderman #1341. In a later interview, The Vulture stated that he "wanted to keep those Beaner villains from stealing from all the good banks." Due to general laziness and incompetence, the wall was never relocated.

Since it was largely effective in reducing the number of Mexican illegal immigrants (though, ironically, had little impact on the super-powered ones), the national Congress decided to have another wall built along the Canadian border to "keep those dirty Canucks from dealing drugs and raping our women."

The walls were two out of three man-made structures visible with the (non-super) naked eye from space, the other being the Three Gorges Dam, which had been stolen by Dutch super-villain, The Clog.

Of course, all three were destroyed when the Earth was eaten by Galactus, Devourer of Worlds.

:flashfact:

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Male Man posted:

In the Marvel-verse the Great Wall of China was stolen by The Vulture and relocated to the US-Mexican border in The Amazing Spiderman #1341. In a later interview, The Vulture stated that he "wanted to keep those Beaner villains from stealing from all the good banks." Due to general laziness and incompetence, the wall was never relocated.

Since it was largely effective in reducing the number of Mexican illegal immigrants (though, ironically, had little impact on the super-powered ones), the national Congress decided to have another wall built along the Canadian border to "keep those dirty Canucks from dealing drugs and raping our women."

The walls were two out of three man-made structures visible with the (non-super) naked eye from space, the other being the Three Gorges Dam, which had been stolen by Dutch super-villain, The Clog.

Of course, all three were destroyed when the Earth was eaten by Galactus, Devourer of Worlds.

:flashfact:

Your No-Prize is in the mail.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

:siren:UPDATE:siren:
(3) then (1)

BIP knew he had to do something to help his human friends. Those bad guys were using that satellite dish to plan their misdeeds! BIP decided to make it not work anymore. He opened his compartment and retrieved the two grenades.

With a never before seen display of boldness BIP charged the dish holding a grenade in each hand. This will teach them to steeeeeaaaalll!

Focused on his task, BIP stumbled on a small rock and lost his balance. He smacked against the ground and the now active grenades went flying. BIP could only watch in horror, unable to get up and run in time. (BIP lost (x2) Grenades)

The grenades detonated seconds later. The humans noticed them too late and fell pray to the explosion. The satellite dish must have been powered by some sort of energy core, which sent out a massive explosion. Blue light enveloped everything in a large radius and BIP was blown sky high. Scraps and rubble rained past him, shooting from the large billow of blue smoke.

BIP lay still, off-line for half an hour before rebooting. His emergency generator complained due to recent overuse. BIP checked himself over to make sure he was still intact.

Oh..

This time he wasn't. BIP's left arm lay on the ground several meters ahead of him.
BIP began to panic. He wouldn't be able to re-attach it without help or tools. He rocked back and fourth for several minuets before getting a grip.

He struggled to his feet and stumbled over to his dismembered arm. He held it horrified for a moment before putting it inside his compartment. It would have to be kept safe to re-attach later.

Not much had survived the explosion. The walking creature had been destroyed. It was a horrifying mess of smoking metal and burning oil. The dish was completely gone as well.

A bit of searching around the charred wreckage uncovered many things. Several bits of blue armor lay smoking in one spot. BIP pretended they weren't there. He hadn't intended the explosion do any more then damage the dish. BIP would find safety in denial. (BIP gained suppressed feelings of guilt)

Finally BIP found what he was looking for. Sturdy Earth Front craftsmanship had kept the EFT in once piece. It was a little charred but still worked perfectly.

BIP bent down to take a look at the screen.

There were two little pings displaying. One was a bit further away then the other but both were within a days travel away. BIP was pretty sure he could make it to one of them. He picked up the EFT and re-magnetized it to himself. (BIP gained EFT)

A distant noise suddenly caught BIP's attention. He looked off in its direction and adjusted both his eyes to zoom in on the source.

It was a drop ship. Not the same kind as he had been in before, but he still didn't recognize it, and it didn't have any identifying markings on it that he could see. It seemed as if it was heading this direction. BIP couldn't tell how long it would be until it arrived. He decided that if he had to, he would at least be able to leave before it arrived. BIP put the EFT inside his compartment just to be sure.

BIP quickly scanned the horizon with his zoom vision. The only noticeable thing was the city. It jutted out in the distance. The drop ship was approaching from a different direction, and the two Earth Front pings came from different directions as well.

BIP jotted down a quick map on his data pad showing where everything was.

Nothing seemed to be in the same direction. BIP wondered what he should do.

OPTIONS:

(1)Head this way towards the Earth Front signal.
This ping is further away from this mess, and that's good.

(2)Head that way towards the other Earth Front signal.
This ping is closer. Closer is better.

(3)Hide and wait for the drop ship to land. Then try to sneak on board and stow away.

(4)Sneak into the city to look for medical supplies and tools. Times are rough.

As always, suggestions and discussion are encouraged. I always include a few goon ideas in each update if I can.

edit:sorry if the drawing quality isn't up to par, exam week.

Cheap Shot fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jun 24, 2009

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin

Cheap Shot posted:

Oh no Bip! :ohdear: Poor arm...

Head to the closer ping Bip might be leaking oil!

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

2 Head for the closer one. Maybe Bip can get repaired sooner, which will be important to the success of our mission. Interesting that the device did not protect us from inside the compartment.

Armor shards is a good idea. But not as kill trophies. We need them so the marines know what the bad guys have. And so we can release our suppressed guilt later with a symbolic burial for the ex-badguys.

Olothreutes fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jun 19, 2009

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Olothreutes posted:

2 Head for the closer one. Maybe Bip can get repaired sooner, which will be important to the success of our mission. Interesting that the device did not protect us from inside the compartment.

It didn't last time either as far as BIP can tell. Uh-Oh

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
Which of the pings are closer to the other EF survivors we already know about? Surely some of them are dead already and they are still counting on Bip for help!

I assume that currently the closer of the two signals is closer to the other survivors as well so I'd choose 2.

Also Bip needs to MAN UP and go get some armor shards from his kills to attatch to himself.

lordblockhead
Jul 24, 2002

:awesomelon: ADDICTED TO
ROBOT SEX
:roboluv:
Option 2.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Obviously number 2. The further EF group would be a bad idea, Bip is damaged, possibly leaking. He needs a repair man and fast. Get to the close one, and hope someone can fix him.

I'm also in for field stripping the armor bits, and using them to defend himself

Count Choculitis
Sep 13, 2007

I love you, Shepard. I always have. I want to understand what this is between us... and make it real.
Oh god we broke BIP!! (Count Choculitis gained suppressed feelings of guilt.) :( Well we need to get his poor arm fixed ASAP, so I vote that we go to Option 2, the closer Earth Front signal.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Option 2. We need to stick to the original plan, which was to search the other escape pods for medical supplies or a doctor. Is there any way to tell which of the EF signals is the cave, and which is a pod?

I also second the taking of armor shards for protection. With only one arm, we need all the protection we can get.

Cheap Shot posted:

edit:sorry if the drawing quality isn't up to par, exam week.

What are you talking about the drawings are awesome :buddy:

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

These not nice humans are trouble. Let's find some more friendlies.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself
Closer Bip needs to get out of here. Also I knew the cliffs would be an excellent area of operations. If all else fails try to get back there.

Night55
Jun 14, 2008

[][][][][][][][][][]
Also Pick up the Small Rock that tripped BIP.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Collect limbs. Acquire Trippy Rock. Go towards Humans.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

I like the scrap metal armor idea. Good temporary protection.

Also whats with all the hate? I was holding my breath with the thread 0.03 points away from going gold and then it dropped a bunch.

Who are these thread terrorist goons who actually HATE stories about adorable robots making it on their own? Can they even call themselves goons?

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin

Cheap Shot posted:

Also whats with all the hate? I was holding my breath with the thread 0.03 points away from going gold and then it dropped a bunch.

Who are these thread terrorist goons who actually HATE stories about adorable robots making it on their own? Can they even call themselves goons?

There is backlash from the goons who weren't cool enough to read CYOAs when they were kids and they hang out in the Suggestions lounge talking poo poo on us and saying we're not cool because they never got to know us.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Cheap Shot posted:

I like the scrap metal armor idea. Good temporary protection.

Let's hope Bip doesn't confuse bones for metal.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

JossiRossi posted:

Let's hope Bip doesn't confuse bones for metal.

BIP must be as :black101: as possible. Bone armor!

Rumpelteazer
Jun 4, 2009

Relax, Sokka- Where we're going, you won't need any pants!
Oh no, poor Bip! :( Go to the closest ping, but make sure to pick up that darn rock, and to put together some armor for yourself. Don't get hurt again!

Ghetto Wizard
Aug 11, 2007

Rumpelteazer posted:

Oh no, poor Bip! :( Go to the closest ping, but make sure to pick up that darn rock, and to put together some armor for yourself. Don't get hurt again!

Cheap Shot: Bip blew up a couple of humans and his arm fell off.
Goons: POOR BIP! THOSE lovely HUMANS, WE SHOULD MAKE ARMOR OUT OF THEIR BONES.

2, hopefully Bip can find some friendly people who has tools that can help Bip reattach Bip's arm.

Quarry Man
Aug 14, 2006
Spray and Pray!

Cheap Shot posted:

Seconding armour idea, one arm means BIP is vulnerable! On the upside, the fact that his now severed arm is magnetic, he can reach things farther away!

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

I don't fully endorse the message of this picture, but the thought of it was just too nice to pass up...

Jeeze and you were worried about your art quality Cheap Shot. You're still kicking rear end and taking names! Me on the other hand...

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

I feel really bad now for voting BIP into this mess :( BIP didn't deserve to lose an arm.

I vote option 2

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

JossiRossi posted:

I don't fully endorse the message of this picture, but the thought of it was just too nice to pass up...

Jeeze and you were worried about your art quality Cheap Shot. You're still kicking rear end and taking names! Me on the other hand...

That's pretty brutal. Horrifying, yet hard core.

I'm glad my art is ok. mspaint is all I have to work with right now. If I cant get photoshop I'll look into one of those shareware alternatives.

Don't feel too bad about the situation. The allure of playing with grenades was too great for most to resist. BIP is a optimistic bot though. Look at him go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flanker
Sep 10, 2002

OPERATORS GONNA OPERATE
After a good night's sleep

Cheap Shot posted:

I must also vote 'Picasso Face'

I must not vote 'pick up another loving rock'

BIP will be 900lbs of goddamn rocks by the time this is over.