Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.
1 Bonus points if we can leave via the window.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystery Steve
Nov 9, 2006
Fun Shoe
1 & 2, It would be nice to know if there was any other little work robots who shared his new found consciousness.

However I suggest he finds some scrap materials and makes replica of himself to be dealt with by th space marines ths giving him more leeway to explore.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Mystery Steve posted:

However I suggest he finds some scrap materials and makes replica of himself to be dealt with by th space marines ths giving him more leeway to explore.

I don't think our little buddy is smart enough to do this yet.

Voting 1, because the room is a little barren for 2 and 3 and 4 seem out of character for an adorable little robot.

Averrences
May 3, 2008
1 goddamnit, get out of there Bippy! :(

Lieutenant Hoffman
Mar 4, 2009

hell yeah!!!
4, blame the talky toaster robot.

Nofeed
Sep 14, 2008
BIP casts expeditious retreat!

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...
1 AND/OR 4 BUT NOT 2, for Action Science!

Great thread, by the way.

Lorak fucked around with this message at 14:46 on May 30, 2009

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
1, then 4. Run and find someone to pin the blame on!

:science:

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

BIP is too mighty to run!

Silver Gadget
Apr 17, 2006

BIP needs to run so that he can fight another day.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

I'm loving the fan art.

VOTING CLOSED

Update will come shortly

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Lorak posted:

BIP is too mighty to run!

Lorak...I know you wish was a Pokemon too.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

ExplodingSquid posted:

Lorak...I know you wish was a Pokemon too.
Well, BIP seems to know Mega Punch already. :v:

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yes, more robot luv in GBS.

Subscribing because I want to know how this turns out for Bip. Glad it already learned to read two words.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Lorak posted:

Well, BIP seems to know Mega Punch already. :v:

Haha, Steel/Fighting type.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

UPDATE
Number (1)

Panic sets in, as it often does. The camera in the corner blinks mockingly, as it transmits the incriminating footage. There can be no getting out of this. Time to run! BIP moves to the door panel, which opens for him immediately. Robots have access to almost all areas of the ship via a quick scan. Cautiously he steps out the door. Sinister shadows loom on the wall beside him. Oh dear.

Marines. They arrived fast.

The good thing about marines is that they're all trained engineers. That means their armor is all very unique from each others making them easy to identify from each other. The bad thing though, is that these two could be identified as real assholes. Many times have they tripped BIP causing him to spill containers of this and that. Oh how they laughed! Rage courses through BIPS little fists causing them to shake.

With an astounding show of force and might, BIP channels the rage and...

GETS THE gently caress OUT OF THERE OH drat THEY'RE SHOOTING THEIR BIG SCARY GUNS! OH MAN!

Fleeing, BIP frantically looks for a route of escape. Rounding a corner, he spies a ventilation duct. Working quickly, BIP demagnetizes the bolts and pulls them from the wall. The heavy footfall of the marines gets closer. BIP crawls into the shaft and out of reach. (BIP has learned how to quickly disassemble things using his magnetic hands. He has also gained a more refined fleeing ability. Sadly, BIP's spineless and fearful qualities have also elevated.)

BIP rocks back and forth in the dark vent, trying to get a grip.

Just as he is pondering his murderous fist, a loud rumbling kicks in. It feels as if the whole ship is being shook. In the distance, BIP hears the intercom broadcasting. The message is hard to hear while deep inside the vent.

"ALL HANDS TO_____SHIP______ATMOSPHERE!_____READY FOR PR_____ENGINE FAILURE______NOT WHAT WE THOUGHT!______NEMY INVADERS ON BOARD IN DECKS F____ND_____IVE______ENGINES HAVE BEEN____IT! ALL CIVILIANS GE______FTY___EAPONS FIRE ON DECKS THREE AND NOW S_____ ARTIFICIAL GRAVITY WILL TERMINATE IN_____FIVE___
THREE__WO ONE!"

Suddenly up is no longer up. BIP begins to float inside the vent before crashing back down and sliding down the now vertical shaft. The ship must have entered regular atmosphere and by the new angle of things, it was going down engines first. BIP's survival programming tells him he wants to be no where around the rear of the ship when it "lands". He clatters to a halt and slams into a grate. Through the grate he can see that he is next to the mess hall. There doesn't seem to be anyone in there. BIP contemplates his magnetic hands and discovers that his feet share the ability. (BIP can now ignore gravity while walking on metallic surfaces.)

Now, what should he do next?

(1)The mess hall is in the middle of the ship. Loot the supplies for things to cushion himself before the impending impact.
(2)Exit the mess hall, BIP can walk vertically up towards the exit with his magnetic feet. Try to get as close to the front (now top) of the ship as possible.
(3)Stay in the vents. Too many horrors out there. That com message was waaaay to ominous for comfort.
(4)You think you remember there being escape pods on this deck. You could get to them easily enough but you would have to travel downward toward the rear of the ship instead of the nose. A bit of a gamble but escape pods would jettison BIP away from the crash site.

Cheap Shot fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Sep 2, 2009

Sejs Cube
Jan 29, 2009

Steal back Death? That sounds ... tricky.
4. C'mon Bip, it's time to skip. Don't go to the tip because the ship might flip.

STOP MAKING SENSE
Mar 31, 2003

This ain't no foolin' around.
4. Everyone knows any droid worth his salt lands on a planet in an escape pod from a ship under attack.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

#4. Escape pods are always the answer!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Gotta go with 4

-Riven-
Jul 19, 2008

EXFOLIATE!
EXFOLIATE!
Vote: 4.

Lets see if Pip can find a friendly Fembot to accompany him. Even robots need love.

Edit:

drat typos

-Riven- fucked around with this message at 18:51 on May 31, 2009

Red54
Dec 4, 2008
4 Go for the pods, they could contain useful stuff as well.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer
4. Pip needs an injection of robotic backbone stat, and this seems just the way to do it.

Edit: And no, I didn't mean it that way. Perverts.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

HOLD YOUR FIRE, There's no lifeforms aboard.

Junk Science
Mar 4, 2008

Look, sir. Droids!

Count Choculitis
Sep 13, 2007

I love you, Shepard. I always have. I want to understand what this is between us... and make it real.
4, get the hell outta there! But this time, Bip isn't being spineless, he's being smart. He clearly can't handle the bad guys invading, and sticking around on a ship as it's about to crash is a bad idea. Run Bip!

aspacemonkey
Sep 24, 2005
Curious no more.
4 Maybe you'll find some other robots on your way that will join Bip and lead a glorious rebellion!

abata and ekubo
Jan 5, 2009
4 Get out BIP!

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
4 for sure.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Four but try and take someone with you. It'd be horribly rude to use an escape pod just for yourself if there's room for more.

Duke-Thane
Aug 7, 2008
4! Bip! escape this horrid place with its mean marines!

Professor Cthulhu
Jul 14, 2007

I got my Associate degree at Miskatonic Community College.

Lets get off of this jerk ship filled with jerkbags.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

#4 Get to the escape pod...and look for female companion robot along the way. BIP needs a Lady BIP.

kotejebe
Nov 3, 2002

we need man-on-jeep action here:shlick:
4, BIP needs to jump ship and watch the mean marines suffer as they die agonizing deaths!

Kelson
Jan 23, 2005

Guess I'm going for the pods too...

Moose In a Room
Sep 18, 2008

Party Time!
I'm gonna jump on the bandwagon and vote 4

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself
Judging by the two humans(I'm assuming) that just fired at us, the rest of the meatbags deserve their fate.

4 And optional Launch all other escape pods to distract enemy fire as we get away

CouchSurfer
Dec 30, 2008

Let's inject some action into this commerce
4. Dear god, BIP, keep running!

Token Black
Sep 6, 2008
Voting #4 Keep going Lil BIP!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chad radwell
Jan 16, 2009

Unanimous four!