Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Voting 1A.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

2b, for we must increase boldness and courage meters!

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Whats with all the robot sex avatars?
2b for goo and glory!

Burnmelt
Nov 21, 2008

iVista
Voting 4a.
I really don't think its in Bip's character to go looking for a fight, so I can't in good conscious vote for 2b. Besides that, we're damaged and we don't know how badly. Entering into a fight could be very, very bad. I'm hoping that if we do something peaceful we'll figure out whats broken as we walk.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
2b or not to be?

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.

neogeo0823 posted:

Voting 2 b. Leave the goo on and find more locals to hug to sleep. Go-Ship will follow us and distract people so BIP can effectively hug them. After that's taken care of, then clean the goo off.

This.

BIP is now a weapon of Goo destruction. With great power comes great responsibility!

TheCIASentMe
Jul 11, 2003

I'll get you! Just you wait and see!
1A

We need to remove the acid. What if we find a rock we want to keep?

Lallander
Sep 11, 2001

When a problem comes along,
you must whip it.

neogeo0823 posted:

Voting 2 b. Leave the goo on and find more locals to hug to sleep. Go-Ship will follow us and distract people so BIP can effectively hug them. After that's taken care of, then clean the goo off.

2b is most definitely the way to go here.

Phearson
Aug 15, 2006

Have you seen my pants?
We need to assess our damage, and then do whatever gets the most votes!

LordPancake
Nov 1, 2007

GG: bluhhh what are you talking about....
GG: my head hurts
I think BIP should do 1b.

I think we need to check the crashed transport for anybody or thing. But the goo will be a problem to allies, it is a great defenceand offence.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting
1b quickly ... if nothing comes of it then 2b

We can clean up when the killings huggings done.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Knights of BIP.

Warriors of courage and helpfulness.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Cheap Shot posted:

Knights of BIP.

Warriors of courage and helpfulness.

Bwahahahaha. Where can I get that? I want that for my M&B warriors.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Bwahahahaha. Where can I get that? I want that for my M&B warriors.

Here you go.

If you aren't familiar with how to put it in the game, just go to the texture files in the M&B folder and find the ones for the banners. Convert one of them to a file you can edit. Slap this image over your current banner. Convert it back to it's original moon format and save it. When you load up you'll be sport'n the proud banner of the BIP Knights.

Count Choculitis
Sep 13, 2007

I love you, Shepard. I always have. I want to understand what this is between us... and make it real.

neogeo0823 posted:

EDIT: I would say to search the transport. The captain was on there, right? However, with that goo on, BIP wouldn't be able to set foot on the transport without it melting under him. We only get one chance with this goo, so we better use it as effectively as possible.

I agree with this, totally 2 b. I'm usually not in favor of BIP running into danger, but that was AWESOME. Go BIP go!

Robotic_Towel
Sep 1, 2005

Not Machine Washable
Without a doubt, 2b. Go Bip, go!

Pwyduddihudd
Jun 6, 2009

by Fistgrrl
2b, since we cannot recollect the goo in another container, lets use it while we have it. Leave the looting exploring till later.

Blacksmith
Dec 3, 2004

2b, hugs for all

Quarry Man
Aug 14, 2006
Spray and Pray!
ONE EH

The goo is corrosive, even BIP's tonka-tough shell will start to decay with time, and who knows how much longer it will be before those warning lights start telling BIP that poo poo is REALLY starting to go bad.

Also, exploring the ship means presents to show the captain.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
1-A

This goo is preventing us from hugging Go-ship.

abiogenesis
Feb 4, 2009

Cheap Shot posted:

Go-Ship returned to BIP's side, and clutched in his mouth thing was the medal.

Yessssssss....

Oh right, 2b.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
4A. The goo is slowly hurting us.

griliard
May 12, 2006
BIP is already injured. I see no reason to tempt fate by leaving him covered in corrosive goo and sending him into battle.

1A.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

1a, heroics are great and all but we seriously need to stop loving BIP up

Duke-Thane
Aug 7, 2008
3b, Leave the goo on and stay there. Don't do a thing. just chill. This new found power of BIPs is awesome so I say leave the goo on for a long time. also I wanna see what would happen if the danger came to BIP. would he be ready? would danger come at all? find out next week in another exciting installment of pure Badassery.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

2B for HUGS TIMES

griliard
May 12, 2006
BIP needs the power of Oxi-Clean.

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005
Voting 4b. The goo may come in handy later. Also echoing Burnmelt's concern although the bandwagon for 2b is well underway.

Burnmelt posted:

I really don't think its in Bip's character to go looking for a fight, so I can't in good conscious vote for 2b. Besides that, we're damaged and we don't know how badly. Entering into a fight could be very, very bad. I'm hoping that if we do something peaceful we'll figure out whats broken as we walk.

If 2b is chosen I fear for Bip's safety :ohdear:

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Burnmelt posted:

Voting 4a.

It's not looking for a fight, its looking for new friends to hug until they fall asleep :)

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I hate double posting, but I doubt people will mind seeing this one.

Thanks Cheap Shot! The artwork you sent me got here today, and it looks amazing. Nice custom frame you put on it too. Really has a nice throwback to the orbs from his internal turmoil. I didn't expect you to send me anything for helping with the computer, but I really appreciate it.

Click for huge!

Edit: My host btw.

Cryptic Edge fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Dec 1, 2009

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

griliard posted:

BIP needs the power of Oxi-Clean.

Can we vote this?

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

The Miracle posted:

Can we vote this?

Maybe? It's kind of a vote for a? kind of. Sorry to hear about your unfortunate position. I've only made one of those papercraft BIP's so I can't tell you if he grants wishes or not in the thousands. Probably not. Otherwise I'd wish for a drat job :(

I'll leave voting open until tomorrow at 5:00PM EST but as always, if I'm not able to actually say "voting closed" until later, I'll accept any votes that sneak in a little late.

Vote standings.

10 votes (1) Search the damaged transport.
16 votes (2) Run ahead to the convoy under attack.
1 vote (3) Stay put and wait.
3 votes (4) Continue on foot to the Plethora.

9 votes (a) Clean off goo.
21 votes (b) Leave goo on.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Obviously my suggest was king last time, and it suffices to say more hugs are in order. 2b, They all need more lovin'.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
2 and b until you find suitible recepticle for goo.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Voting closed

Canis Ex Machina
Jun 13, 2007
Dog Machine
BIP Animation Status Report

Sorry it's been so long since I've posted anything. When I made the first three chapters I was unemployed, and thus had a lot of time on my hands, but I've recently found full time work, and free time's been a bit hard to come by.

That said, BIP 4 is happening, just at a much slower pace than the last three. I'm planning to do the bulk of the animation over my christmas break, with a view to having the finished product up in January or February next year. It will also be the final chapter of the animated BIP saga.

In the meantime, as a bit of a teaser here is the animation I've done so far. The scene is from the middle of the chapter. It's nothing particularly exciting, I'll be keeping the fire and the mech scenes pretty close to the chest until release. The music is once again by Alea Minerva. There's a sound effect early on, but that's not part of the final mix, it's a placeholder I clumsily stuck in because it looked weird without it.

TampaTango
Apr 12, 2007

COMICS CRIMINAL
I guess its bandwagon, but effective goo means rescue.

2b

goo-Bip go!

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan

Canis Ex Machina posted:

BIP Animation Status Report

Sorry it's been so long since I've posted anything. When I made the first three chapters I was unemployed, and thus had a lot of time on my hands, but I've recently found full time work, and free time's been a bit hard to come by.

That said, BIP 4 is happening, just at a much slower pace than the last three. I'm planning to do the bulk of the animation over my christmas break, with a view to having the finished product up in January or February next year. It will also be the final chapter of the animated BIP saga.

In the meantime, as a bit of a teaser here is the animation I've done so far. The scene is from the middle of the chapter. It's nothing particularly exciting, I'll be keeping the fire and the mech scenes pretty close to the chest until release. The music is once again by Alea Minerva. There's a sound effect early on, but that's not part of the final mix, it's a placeholder I clumsily stuck in because it looked weird without it.

What sort of rig are you using for the limbs and antenna? I remember seeing one of your behind-the-scenes posts and it looked like you just had normal bones in there, but they seem to be curving and bending a lot more than that'd typically allow.

Dull Fork
Mar 22, 2009
Wow, once again Canis, your animation really impresses me. Thank you once again for taking your free time to do this, it looks amazing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canis Ex Machina
Jun 13, 2007
Dog Machine

Bat Ham posted:

What sort of rig are you using for the limbs and antenna? I remember seeing one of your behind-the-scenes posts and it looked like you just had normal bones in there, but they seem to be curving and bending a lot more than that'd typically allow.

Each limb is just a spline with three points (set to smooth), rather than a mesh. The points are attached at the shoulder, elbow and wrist points of the bone structure respectively, and the spline algorithm interpolates the curve from those three points. Then I just set the spline to renderable.