Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
4 for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I would say check out the escape pod as well, using the crazy robot zoom vision to make sure its safe before he gets too close.

Record the area on the datapad. You need a map after all.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Cheap Shot posted:

Should BIP trust the marine or not?

Also should BIP name his new steed?

What else should BIP do?!

Examine the rank, if its not the same as the guy who gave you the orb, the marine is evil and must die. Fake pulling the pin, placing it, and as your running, attach it to the marines belt in the back and run your rear end off (after actually pulling the pin ofcourse)

If he is the same rank, inform him that it must be protected by order of *previous marine name here*

Yes he must name the steed, but I got no clue what.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Go to the ship There will be medical facilities there, however damaged, where they can fix up the broken humans.
Grab the Nice Rock, and keep your eyes open for shelter on the way.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Examine it close for any signs of the Earth Front insignia. If you don't see it, Close eyes, Run and Panic! all at once.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
There is also the option of using the magneto feet to climb the giant robot, and crack open the top hatch.
Once bip does this, he can either toss in a grenade or show them things drawn on the pad.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Gorge on the oil, replace the stocks of spare oil and then burn poo poo.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Took a stab at the first scene out of boredom.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
3)

Mash the poo poo outta that button. Press it extra hard for good measure.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Thanks, was kinda bored and thought I'd see how well my new tablet does for drawing at the same time. Verdict is, quite well, it did it just as my terrible art skills demanded :)

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I tried to draw my vote for this one, it came out horrid. I deleted it.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Katachresis posted:

Can't we just go in there and start pushing buttons? Bip's been really good at that so far!

Im in with this, climb into the deathbot and start mashing random buttons. Who knows? Maybe he will get lucky and land a few shots with the deathrays or missiles or something like that on the marines, dish and other such surrounding items.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Pweller posted:

Minor note, the link for 'BIP Names Go-Ship' in the OP is broken.

e: should be
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3145321&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=10#post361637042

That post is like the retarded downs cousin of how it really went down. If you weren't there, you wouldn't understand. Thats like saying a car is completly its tailpipe. That post was just the end of the epicness that caused it to be.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Since he shot down the mashing deathbot buttons like bip would so love to do, I guess 3 then 1 would be the next best choice.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Obviously number 2. The further EF group would be a bad idea, Bip is damaged, possibly leaking. He needs a repair man and fast. Get to the close one, and hope someone can fix him.

I'm also in for field stripping the armor bits, and using them to defend himself

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Chaos Motor posted:

I might also remind everyone that Bip thought the EF guys were jerks too (they always tripped him and laughed at him) until poo poo got real.

Yes but those non-EF jerks are jerks while poo poo is real. Plus they called him defective. The EF guys didn't robotnap him, or try steal from Bip, just played cruel tricks.

EF is the lesser of the evils on the ground, and will atleast help him.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Canis Ex Machina posted:

A slightly animated loop of this image would be kickass. I want to make it a vista .dream desktop image. Like with the stars twinkling, a little motion to the logo, maybe a little motion to the flare of the star and/or motion to the ground.

Edit - All I need for this is nearly any video file (WMV or MPG prefered) on a short 30 second or so loop of it. Ill ofcourse return the favor by posting the finished .dream file for those who want an animated verson as the desktop. :D

Cryptic Edge fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jun 24, 2009

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Click here for the big rear end image.

This is what that would replace. Imagine that in motion, constantly rotating, and actually accurate with the lights to the time of day. When its day out in florida, the sunlight is on it and the lights from the cities are out. Its actually pretty cool, but its time for change. (yes my background moves)

Edit - For those that want the one I have now (no, the mouse isnt in the way on the real one, that was just part of my SS) you can DL it here http://fe4r.me/images/dreams/Desktop%20Earth.Dream

Both the SS and the .dream file hosting are on my host.

Cryptic Edge fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jun 24, 2009

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I should start mirroring the images on my host. I have unlimited bandwith (my control panel litterally has ∞ listed in the bandwith limit and storage limit section)

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
3) for sure, but first draw them the EF guy on the ships rank symbol with a question mark, see if they recognise it and can tell you what rank it is/show you one of them.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I've mirrored all the images to http://fe4r.me/images/lrbsw/ and fanart to http://fe4r.me/images/lrbsw/fanart/

Cheap shot, if waffleimages flakes out on you, I dont mind if you link from that. Unfortunetly I couldn't get original names due to opera not reading them from waffleimages hashing meathod, so they are named in that garbage.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Four

Do not do five, it will draw attention to him and he may be trying to get rid of bad humans deathbots.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Edit: I see you already tried safe mode, nvm that then.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
The chip is the best choice. Statistically, every time we grabbed a chip, our programming got better. We must grab the chip!

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

fordham posted:

If you have plat PM me your address and email address for confirmation.

It's a desktop.

I have a 3.06 ghz p4 and more ram I can toss in when I stop being lazy as gently caress and scrap the old box. Would at least help increase the power of his potential new free box.

Its been decommissioned for over a year now, just have to cannabalize it still as there are a few working parts. Power supply is believed dead, motherboard is uncertan. Ram is brand new.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

fordham posted:

Alright I've got a PC all boxed up for the OP. What's the cheapest way to get a 26lb PC from Mass to Canada?

Most likely a flatrate box from USPS. Thats what I'm going to do with the parts I have to expand on what your sending him.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Sweet, I'm looking for ESD bags at the moment so I can package it and be sure it won't get fried in transit. I have a proc faraday package here from my i7 and bags for ram, but haven't seen any empty motherboard bags or video card bags.

I'm sure between his and my parts you can put together a fairly decent system.
Edit - Just checked all my ESD bags, none large enough that are empty. Got a few socket 775 boards I'm hanging on to for a later use after I get my new house. So no motherboard but I have a vid card (BFG 7300 GT), 2gb ram (4x 512 ddr) and processor (3.06HT) going in the box for you.

The video card can play games up to last year, maybe the year before. I know for certan its still good. The ram is new, was purchased to bring that box back online for something that I realized later the proc couldn't handle. The proc is old as gently caress, its first gen p4 but a decent speed for it.

My shits coming from Florida, so it will take them a little bit to move it up that way too.

Cryptic Edge fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jul 6, 2009

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Zarimus posted:

(1) Tear open the package with glee, presents now!
(2) Restrain self and carefully open packages for better fort material
(3) Ignore packages, give the nice delivery guy's leg a hug
(4) Get head stuck in a cardboard box, run around bumping into things

3 then 2 then 4! They all just lead into one another so perfectly.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Just checked, says its not supported :( I'll have to snag a motherboard bag from work, we have them there. That way we can get him the best parts possible from our scrap :D

Plus then all he will need is another case/psu/hdd and he has 2 pcs!

Edit - its the right socket type, so it MAY work, but there is no certanty with that particular board.
Edit again - Cheap shot, who would have thought, you make some kickass thread, have some trouble and two random people from it decide to help you out! I know its the least I can do to thank you for the entertainment from the thread and I expect to see more of these just as good from you :P

Yet another loving edit - I found a big rear end ESD bag! It just had a harddrive in it, one that I don't even know if it works (was donated to me, never spun up after getting it) So tomorrow I will pull the motherboard from the case, and I'll have all my parts together for you.

Cryptic Edge fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jul 7, 2009

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Have been stuck working long rear end hours the last few days, haven't been able to make it to send off the parts yet :(

I promise I'll do it in the next day or 3.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Will Styles posted:

Combine 2 and 4. Ride Go-ship to your friends in the cave. Before you leave though (c) try and find out what Go-ship eats so you can take care of him.

Echoing this

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Burn them!

Or go get the marines. They will have fire. Take go-ship with you, can't have our poor steed getting hurt by the danger-ships

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Cheap Shot posted:

UPS is garbage. They don't seem to want to give me my fort materials.

edit: computer robo-fort materials

I've been swamped with work (still at work now, 8pm EST started at 8am), and unable to get to ship it out :(
I'll send you a tracking number soon as I do though.
I'm trying to get off early tomorrow to take care of some business, and will try to get that done at the same time.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

saladin posted:

Why do the first Marines BIP sees shoot him? Surely, if they know that he only broke the coffee machines, they wouldn't be angry?

You sir do not understand how powerful of a force caffeine addiction truly is. Breaking the coffee machines is on par with the genocide of an entire species, and as far as they are concerned, BIP just commited that genocide.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Cheap Shot - I swear, I'm shipping your parts out tomorrow. I took the day off, so I have time.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Shipped out today, I'll PM you the tracking number soon as they email it to me.

And fordham has it right, don't ship international if you can avoid it. I got to avoid the customs poo poo because I had them pack the box for me, but it costs alot more to ship the box to another country than I expected.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Junk Science posted:

BIP needs to pick up some grenades, scrap metal, that rock, and oil. Then, if there's still some time, distribute a few hugs to the civilians.

After that, Option 3.

Seconding this. He should probably contemplate his systems while he rides with them.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Cheap Shot posted:

edit: Is there supposed to be a CD? There's a sticker that says "run CD first".

No, I reuse ESD bags.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I'd buy the gently caress out of a BIP game, but I think that waiting till after the story is done would be the smarter part. Maybe start pushing that idea after this one to use it as a proof of concept for a dev.

I want more BIP stories though, so do another CYOA after it with him! :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

CouchSurfer posted:

This is one of the only CYOA's I actively follow and check in occasionally to try to find new updates. I love it, and would be TERRIBLY sad if you did nothing else after this.

Exactly. I don't follow the others either, the story telling either isn't there for me, or I didn't get in from the start. Some of them have OP's so involved with numbers and less about just setting a stage that makes me want to set the OP on fire.

This one has been amazing though. It would be a shame if it ended with this one thread.