Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
false flag post-op
May 13, 2009

Enjoy Every Sandvich
(3)

Bip can probably play dead really easy, and sneak on board. Dunno if his button pressing will help him to fly the thing, but he might just be bold enough to try.

Also,

Happy birthday!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

false flag post-op
May 13, 2009

Enjoy Every Sandvich
(2)

Too Smooth to be legit. Take them for a ride.

false flag post-op
May 13, 2009

Enjoy Every Sandvich
(1)

But before sneaking into the tent, make sure to attach/carry the "Device" just in case it might save BiP from being obliterated.

false flag post-op
May 13, 2009

Enjoy Every Sandvich
(1)
Grab that chip, and then:

.haze posted:

5 - Charge the looming monstrosity - Because we need to demonstrate to it and to ourselves that we reject hate, fear and despair. It might be easier to grasp the chip, but reaching a higher state of awareness and intelligence should not be easy. We cannot afford to be afraid of everything that comes in our path - Not anymore, not in this place.

I think the Chip will help with the Darkness.

false flag post-op
May 13, 2009

Enjoy Every Sandvich

.haze posted:

My first instinct was this too, but last time we took the chip we got out of the 'shut down mode' pretty quickly. So my second idea was to get charge it, because I don't think we'd be able to do it if we took the chip.

I hear you,

I am the inverse of this as i believe that the Chip will benefit us with regards to the darkness.

BUT I see what you are saying as to the "going for the chip makes us vulnerable to the darkness."

Robot conscious is probably different than us humans. They can learn a lot more in a few seconds than we can in a lifetime...

(I assume)

false flag post-op
May 13, 2009

Enjoy Every Sandvich

Cheap Shot posted:

Alright, here are the vote totals so far. I'm surprised. I thought it was a dead heat between 1 and 5. Good thing I counted.

(1)Reach out to the chip and grasp it.
Votes: 32 Positives: +++++ Negatives: -----
(2)Escape the coming darkness.
Votes: 0 Positives: + Negatives:
(3)Stand ground and await the entity.
Votes: 4 Positives: + Negatives:
(4)Try to collect the orbs.
Votes: 6 Positives: + Negatives:
(5)Charge the looming monstrosity.
Votes: 7 Positives: ++ Negatives: ---

It's not too late to vote or even change your vote. If you would like to change your vote at this point, please quote yourself and tell me what you would like to change it to.

Voting is still open as it hasn't been very long since the last update.

Also I'll stop beating myself up over update frequency. Looking at most of the other CYOA's mine actually updates pretty often, especially for a non-text based graphic heavy one. I'm doin' pretty good. Thanks for the support goons.

First, thank you for everything, and thank you for stopping the beating yourself up for update frequency (that's why I bookmark! :) )

Second, just to clarify my conclusion on the voting, it is:
Votes: 32 <==Solid votes. Positives: +++++ <==Secondary votes Negatives: ----- <==Don't do this votes.

Sorry if it was clear, but I had to stop and think about it for a minute or so...Ok, a couple of minutes. Is this the right breakdown?
:roboluv:

VVVVVVV Thank you again, Good Sir! VVVVVVV

false flag post-op fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jul 6, 2009

false flag post-op
May 13, 2009

Enjoy Every Sandvich

Zarimus posted:

(1) Tear open the packages with glee, presents now!
(2) Restrain self and carefully open packages for better fort material
(3) Ignore packages, give the nice delivery guy's leg a hug
(4) Get head stuck in a cardboard box, run around bumping into things

(3) then (1) then (4)

Pi.

false flag post-op
May 13, 2009

Enjoy Every Sandvich
(4) (a)

BiP can think while on the move.
The Mercs will probably follow, and Go-ship can probably fend for himself. (it did pretty good all the time before BiP met up with it.)

*Hold on a sec, I have to go back and check something out...Editing this post in a few.*

Edit: yeah, that's what I thought.

We are at the cave, and so perhaps the best thing for everyone involved is for BiP to run ahead and basically let the survivors in the cave know it's all good, since they know who BiP is, and may or may not know who/what/where/why/when/sometimes how the Mercs are...which could lead to more sleeping Humans.

BiP can also give the survivors the heads up if they know some reason why they shouldn't be trusting the mercs, even though they are a Para Rescue team.
As for (a), my reasoning is that we, as humans, can think while on the move, and I would think that BiP could do that too.

Also, I don't know anything about the whole SA Gang Tags, but, I'd totally get behind a BiP tag.

(Sorry if this post is off, but I am tired and incoherent, and needed to say something.)

false flag post-op fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jul 12, 2009

false flag post-op
May 13, 2009

Enjoy Every Sandvich
:BiP smiley:

VVVVVVV Like I said, and edited out, and am now editing back in, it was my own continuity I was checking.

You are doing AWEsome work...Emphasis on the AWE...and :BiP Smiley: says what it needs to. (we all understand.)
(I'm stopping posting here for the now...For Really this time.)

Catch you in the 'morrow.

false flag post-op fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jul 12, 2009

false flag post-op
May 13, 2009

Enjoy Every Sandvich
Yeah, Eff the voting closure internal debate.

Those who vote, do, and hope (I speak for myself, or whoever agrees with me) that the voting closes soon after so we can get some sweet sweet update action.

CYOA's are cool and all, but given your strengths for constructing a great story and pictures (Comic?) I'd be content to sit down cross-legged by a fire and hear "Old Man Cheap Shot" tell his stories.

"And then what happened?"

Cheap shot took a long, slow pull from his mug, and setting it down, his eyes gazed at something too far away to see.

After a silence that made us concerned, but not wanting to break, he spoke:

"Well, Bip decided to reach out for the Chip, and he learned something that day..."

false flag post-op
May 13, 2009

Enjoy Every Sandvich
(4)Explore the crash on go-ship.

And keep the device close because that is probably what everyone is looking for on the ship...Including the Black Tendrils...

false flag post-op fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Aug 2, 2009

false flag post-op
May 13, 2009

Enjoy Every Sandvich
VVVVVVVVVVVVV Bip gets the music, man!

false flag post-op fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Aug 2, 2009

false flag post-op
May 13, 2009

Enjoy Every Sandvich
It's still popular to me, and my mom thinks I'm cool.

So, yeah.

I don't know about the "Not so popular" part, but I've been following this since day 2, and regret not paying attention earlier. I'll be following until the end, though.

There are a number of reasons why "popularity" wanes and wans, but I'm sure it doesn't matter. Would you have kept going if you only had one fan voting once after the first post? Perhaps not, but I look at all of the tendrils leaking out of this story, and the inspiration and attachment to BiP flowing freely, and think that BiP, and his creator, have touched the hearts and minds of those perhaps not being thought of as having hearts and minds.

Why does he run? Because he is running towards something spectacular, and everyone who is worth a drat will follow.

And Get some Oil for the kid, and find out, for the love of god, what Go-Ship eats!

false flag post-op
May 13, 2009

Enjoy Every Sandvich
Go with option (E)

Vitamin E, that is.
May not make you feel better, but it will reduce the scarring.

false flag post-op
May 13, 2009

Enjoy Every Sandvich
(1) while (b) followed by (a)

false flag post-op
May 13, 2009

Enjoy Every Sandvich
A long time ago, I clicked on what I saw as just some other thread that kept popping up whenever I browsed through GBS. I actually didn't read further, because I didn't understand whatever there was to understand about CYOAs. My second time through, I figured, "What the hell."

ALWAYS (Well, maybe not always) SAY WHAT THE HELL!
Everyone involved in the making of this thread deserves some sort of medal. I'm sure that's mentioned in every other awesome CYOA, and since this is my only one, I'm not the authority, but the versatility and amount of pure AWEsome that has been shown here makes me want to believe that wherever the world is headed, there will be a sweet movement to be great.

Enough gushing...

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out the hidden new word BiP learned in the video. I watched it again and again. I thought it was "ME" for a second at one point, until I realized that the word I saw was "Memory" and we already knew it.

<< (Captain drawing) HELP BiP LEARN

and

(1) see where they go, and find the source.

false flag post-op
May 13, 2009

Enjoy Every Sandvich

Cheap Shot posted:

Terribly sorry about that. The hidden word WAS memory but a few people found it right off the bat so I added it to BIP's wordlist. I hope you're not still looking, I feel awful. :ohdear:

And thanks for giving my story a chance and reading through it. I'm glad you liked it.

Well poo poo, that's awesome. Chalk this up to too quick updates/edits. I feel better knowing that I got it right. AND, there was nothing but goodness in watching that update over and over. BiP taught me to smile again. AND, I got the full experience of the update and perhaps appreciate your work more?

(AND, Alea's kick rear end soundtrack would stand alone as something to listen to again and again. If anyone wants to post a link to that album, for my own lazy sake, and the sake of others just tuning in, that'd be sweet.)

AND, sorry for using the word "And" over again. But it needed to be done. :roboluv:

false flag post-op
May 13, 2009

Enjoy Every Sandvich
Why Does he run?

false flag post-op
May 13, 2009

Enjoy Every Sandvich

Everyone Else posted:

FIND THE CAPTAIN!!

It is the only logical BiP thing to do.

(There might also be buttons to push!)

false flag post-op
May 13, 2009

Enjoy Every Sandvich

Cheap Shot posted:

I don't get it...

BiP looks like he is scared of his big robot friend.

Does he not like pushing buttons?

Voting (G). Bring Golgameth with you everywhere. EVERYWHERE!

BiP Learned Golgameth helps with sleeping disorders.

false flag post-op fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Nov 8, 2009

false flag post-op
May 13, 2009

Enjoy Every Sandvich

Funktor posted:

drat it Cheap Shot you got Magic Power by Triumph stuck in my head all day. Voting for Rolling Stone (but I wish there was a Beatles option)

Bill Posters posted:

That would require Go-ship...

:3:

Also, Still Voting (G) GolGy (As I like to call him) would make a stunning cameo.

And perhaps start "The New adventures of BiP, And GolGy!"

(Voting Like A complete unknown, like a...)

false flag post-op
May 13, 2009

Enjoy Every Sandvich
Saturday OR Sunday?
:ohdear:

false flag post-op
May 13, 2009

Enjoy Every Sandvich
It's after after-noon.
:comeback:

false flag post-op
May 13, 2009

Enjoy Every Sandvich
Goo goo gooo, gooey goo goo!

false flag post-op
May 13, 2009

Enjoy Every Sandvich
Gotta say, for the record, that I do this every time our buildings Fire alarm goes off. (The standing on the balcony part, not the pet wrapping part.)

Of course, My balcony is about 6 feet from the ground, so if it gets bad, no worries.

Sorry for the ribbing on the late update, it all makes sense now. (But initially, you did make it sound so ambiguous that I felt worse before this, you melodramatic bastard.)

Ah, I can't quit you. :glomp:

Edit: Also; :roboluv:

false flag post-op fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Nov 22, 2009

false flag post-op
May 13, 2009

Enjoy Every Sandvich
Go-Ship: Where did Steve go?

Steve go Go-ship. Go-Ship goo head.

Leaky human: Where Cannon_fodder Go?

Medal, Goo, Lazers.

(Where did Kamoc go? Go Go-ship.)

Why does he run?

false flag post-op
May 13, 2009

Enjoy Every Sandvich
Even a Hero like BiP needs a break once and a while.
BiP NO DANGER
He can still be a great help to everyone, but maybe he needs a little less action.

Take the blue "eye", see what's in the tool chest, and take that orange thingy for good measure. Maybe smoke a bowl of crude and chill.

false flag post-op
May 13, 2009

Enjoy Every Sandvich
Enjoy every sandwich. You never know when the end will come.

I [GBS]Pooped in my pants[/GBS] when looking in my bookmarks didn't see my favourite thread. I thought that something bad had happened. (Like I did bad drunk things to my SAccount)

So, I checked the goldmine. (not there yet, but I'll direct my kids there.)

The final thing was to Google "something awful little robot big scary world"

And I found you again.

BiP will live longer than any one of us, or any forum, for that matter.

VIVA LA BiP!

Also voting (P) Poop on someone with your robot sphincter. Namely, the non-bookmarking-carry-over-type person.

I

false flag post-op
May 13, 2009

Enjoy Every Sandvich

Chaos Motor posted:

Pull out the chip and plug that bad boy in!

And then (3)!

false flag post-op
May 13, 2009

Enjoy Every Sandvich
If the chip IS a Vocoder, than who will BiPs voice sound like?

More importantly, will BiP be able to change his voice, in much the same manner as any of the Terminators?

If so, emulate the "Black Tendrils" Mothers voice, and tell it to sit still for once.

false flag post-op
May 13, 2009

Enjoy Every Sandvich
In that case, we'll need to use the Kazoo, kind of like that story with the guy who uses a flute to enthrall kids into following him somewhere... (Saw it in an Astroboy episode, so many years ago.)

Meaning, use the Kazoo to draw the BTs into BiP.

But still standing by my original vote.

PS: First time I saw "Highdea". And I liked it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

false flag post-op
May 13, 2009

Enjoy Every Sandvich
I had a witty post that turned into stupid post.

However I'm supposed to "Greet" you or "High-Five" you, or whatever other tradition is in the now, Cheap Shot, you have made my year. Period.

PERIOD.

I wish the best to you, and BiP of course.

You make the world slightly better.