Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin
I didn't realize we got a frigate full of robot space vajayjays here! Did y'all miss the x2 Grenades we got?

Plan: ACTIONBOT!!!1

Look for the right insignia, if none, then

Combo 2, then 1

Panic and run, with Go Ship skittering as fast as he can between the robot's legs.

Those legs look like platforms with hydraulics on them, with gaps and open spaces. As Go-Ship runs between the robot's legs, Bip needs to toss a grenade into an open spot on one of the legs.

Then keep going!

That thing's got guns, but if it's laying face down, they can't target well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin
I'm hit, I'm hit! Man down! OMG that's too funny, I finally got a custom robolove title! :clint:

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin
I did like the guy's idea to use the magnetic hands and feet to scale the robot and open it's cockpit.

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin
Careful now, talk of robots pressing other robots buttons and such is what gets us these custom titles! :D

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin
Bip should replace his Grade B oil with top grade stuff and go on an oil drinking rampage because life is hosed, get sauced.

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin

Cheap Shot posted:

Also, which CYOA was it that involved a jeep? It seems to have resulted in the most avatars.

YSS2 is where it seems to have started, but I think the avatar buyer is following all the CYOA threads involving robots, b/c I got mine from an out-of-context quote I made in this thread about throwing the grenade at the mech.

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin

Sejs Cube posted:

As I recall the robo avatars started back in YLS 3 from shenanagans involving Donovian that were ... complicated. There was a pause until a callback to that was made in YSS 1, and it started the whole ball rolling again.

Yeah, I was way off-base saying it was YSS2, seeing as how we talked about sexin' the HIDs, Percy, and Torvarsky nailed Xandy in YSS1. Speaking of, I keep meaning to mention to everyone in YSS2 that Ira cannot possibly be Torvarsky's ancestor because they have the same last name but she's a female. Best she could be is an aunt. Does Ira even have siblings?

Setting the place on fire on purpose may be out of character for Bip, but he should definitely (whatever happened to the "definately" autotext?):

1. Change his oil if possible
2. Replace his Grade B oil with the good stuff
If the results of drinking oil are in any way comical, he should
3. Drink his fill
Then
4. Investigate all the other crates and characteristically make a HUGE mess

Now, what I'm saying is, if Bip is drunk on oil or something, and spills a lot of it, then you know, somehow accidentally sparks a flame, well, that would be pretty much par for him, wouldn't it? But to do it on purpose? Perish the thought!

Also, please play my CYOA too!

Chaos Motor fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jun 12, 2009

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin
Ride it out, little man Bip, ride it out! I wish he could talk so that he could give it a yee-haw! :ohdear:

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin
I love you so much for making Bip get drunk off oil like we assumed he would. If you were here I'd brohug you in an uncomfortably long manner. Maybe rub your back a little too far south while doing so...

edit (not edit): not gay

edit (real edit [actual edit{this is an edit}]): Option 4, let's learn somethin new.

Chaos Motor fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Jun 14, 2009

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin

PRESS TO DE BUTTAHN!

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin

griliard posted:

They will after my patent gets approved and we ramp up production.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMGJB410Ccs

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin

Whizbang posted:

Agree with the guy above me, 3 to create a distraction so 1 can happen. Then use Bip's newly discovered power of animal magnetism to summon Go Ship.

I think this is a good plan.

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin
Thallium's latest - The Silver Tomb

Yeah, I was also thinking about jackin the mech before I agreed with Whizbang.

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin

Cheap Shot posted:

I still need a lot more votes before I can update. Where is everyone?

You crazy bro, I'm lucky to get 10 responses before I update! You've got like a page and a half! :D

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin
Bip barely knows how to operate himself without direct instruction, I highly doubt he can do anything more with the dish than "PSUH BUTAN!"

edit: Love this comment: "If Bip feels bad about stealing (even if it was his in the first place), maybe he could leave them another grenade (sans pin, of course). That's like a trade AND a surprise, put together!"

Chaos Motor fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jun 17, 2009

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin

lordblockhead posted:

3 then 1. After wards remove oil from Giant walker and drink it's blood!!! Muhahahahhaha

I like the way you think...

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin

Cheap Shot posted:

(2)Head that way towards the other Earth Front signal.
This ping is closer. Closer is better.

Oh no Bip! :ohdear: Poor arm...

Head to the closer ping Bip might be leaking oil!

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin

Cheap Shot posted:

Also whats with all the hate? I was holding my breath with the thread 0.03 points away from going gold and then it dropped a bunch.

Who are these thread terrorist goons who actually HATE stories about adorable robots making it on their own? Can they even call themselves goons?

There is backlash from the goons who weren't cool enough to read CYOAs when they were kids and they hang out in the Suggestions lounge talking poo poo on us and saying we're not cool because they never got to know us.

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin

Zarimus posted:

BIP needs to do some soul-searching on the journey. If there's any better time for self-examination than after you've murdered some people done some bad things, I'm not aware of it.

Excellent point. I might also remind everyone that Bip thought the EF guys were jerks too (they always tripped him and laughed at him) until poo poo got real.

vv Certainly correct. I was just pointing out that Bip doesn't really know what's going on or who's what, here. vv

Chaos Motor fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jun 19, 2009

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin
Bip has magnetic hands and feet, and the EF badge is magnetized.

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin
Go-Ship is probably scurrying to his heart's content many miles from here.

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin

Trundel posted:

When the city lies in ruins, and BIP watches from a hilltop with a grizzled manly beard and a tattered set of fatigues, he'll look over to the side and see Go-Ship scuttling towards him. The CYOA will end with a contented smile on BIP's face as he rides Go-Ship into the sunset.

Voting Trundel's plan!

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin
Oh yes, I forgot to say that, Happy Birthday Cheap Shot! And I think that I picked up a Happy Birthday meant for you in my own CYOA, it was from lordblockhead IIRC.

vv Read mine, read mine! Yes I know I'm a total whore. vv

Chaos Motor fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jun 22, 2009

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin
Hey, thanks man! Nah, it wasn't my birthday, that's about two and a half weeks away.

Don't worry about the update being late, we'll all be sitting right here waiting, on the edge of our seats. :rock:

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin

Cheap Shot posted:

Give disaster time to blossom.

Like an onion, or a turd. A quality member of any three will bring a tear to your eye.

edit: The above is not intended to compare Bip or the story to a turd in any way.

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin

Cheap Shot posted:

I really don't encourage split votes but I accept them in the name of everyone enjoying the process. [/i]

Strabo4 posted:

:argh: Split votes!

See, I think split votes or complex instructions are fun, I like to see if I can fit it all in in a way that works and makes sense and makes a good story.

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin

Cheap Shot posted:

I know I'm letting you down, and the thread is loosing a bit of popularity and steam because of it.

Now now now, my friend, no pity party for you! This is one of the most widespread beloved CYOAs that I've seen. I'm sure that, like Goblii, or YSS2, whenever you have time to update is fine with everyone. It's no less popular if it has to take a break, that just means more people are waiting with baited breathe for the next update.

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin
:ohdear: So much to do, so little time...

Going with Warren Zevon's Grab the chip and charge the darkness!

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin
You guys are hilarious! Obviously 3-2-4!

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin
1 a, we've been through a lot literally and metaphorically, let's pause a moment to reflect.

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin
I think Bip would do his best to smush the bugs and if there's too many, jam the rock in the hole to slow them down and then run for the humans.

I do like the torch plan.

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin
Let's not forget the importance of understanding damaged systems and deactivated sensors.

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin
But the ice cream will melt in the dessert sun!

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin
Investigate whats behind that door!

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin

Cheap Shot posted:

It's a p-ancake buffet!

Wait...is there a door? BIP will look for secret doors.

The place the bugs came through!

vvv Ahhh, forgot about that. vvv

Chaos Motor fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Aug 5, 2009

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin
Cheap Shot, the Microbe fans may have gone a bit overboard, but my friend, if you were to commercialize this in the slightest, you would make a mint. I've been telling Luvcow since his start that he could turn it into an enterprise. The hottest properties right now on SA are BIP and Goblii. Several of the CYOA authors could do well if they were to reproduce their beloved character in a reasonable medium.

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin
Ahhh, there's always CYOA hate. Any time something is popular, anyone who doesn't like it dislikes it that much more in retaliation for its popularity.

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin
Go Ship eating is the new Goblii peeing.

I'm lucky to get five votes, Cheap Shot, you get like thirty! :)

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin
Draw battle plans, invent some weapons, and when nobody seems to notice / care, hold your breath until you pass out then find out more about yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin

Zarimus posted:

BIP looked down at his data pad and then scrawled a glowing tic mark for the passage of another hour. Whatever this "holding breath" was, he was clearly very good at it, and his robot heart swelled with pride.

I don't know what's funnier - the idea of a robot having a tantrum and 'holding his breath' until it passes out, it trying to but getting frustrated because it's unable, or being proud of its 'breath holding' ability.