Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fame Throwa
Nov 3, 2007

Time to make all the decisions!
Okay, which book of Terry Pratchett's should I read next? I decided to start at the very beginning, and I'm half-done with Color of Magic and it is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fame Throwa
Nov 3, 2007

I'm looking for some books about werewolves. The vast majority of books involving werewolves seem to be some crazy woman's sex fantasy so its hard to find something decent. Anyone have any good suggestions?

Fame Throwa
Nov 3, 2007

funkybottoms posted:

Toby Barlow's Sharp Teeth- it's a free-verse novel set in modern LA featuring gangs of shape-shifting werewolves with a surprisingly affecting love story. it's also way less ridiculous than it sounds.

Ok I know this is from forever ago, but I'm just popping in to thank you for the recommendation. I just finished this book and it was so awesome. I wish more books about werewolves were like this, instead of all that horrid Twilight/furry dreck.

Fame Throwa
Nov 3, 2007

I really dig stories set in the modern world, but with magic and other fantasy elements. I guess that's what people call urban fantasy, right? Sadly, I'm having trouble finding something in that genre that isn't a lovely romance or YA novel. It really sucks that crazy ladies like the same kind of stories I do.

Also, is there a good authoritative book on global climate change? I want to know more about it and learn what I can do about it, but there's a lot of conflicting information out there.