Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Looking for a serial killer detective mystery/thriller. I can't name any reference books other than The Outsider and Mr Mercedes by Stephen King, and I'd prefer non supernatural. I'd love something like the korean detective movies Memoir of a Murderer, Memories Of Murder, etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Nonfiction:

https://www.amazon.com/Moonwalking-Einstein-Science-Remembering-Everything/dp/0143120530

A journalist covered the International Memory Tournament one year, spent a year training, came back the next year and won it.

Thanks, I'm really enjoying this book.

I read the chapter where he does the technique on the grocery list yesterday morning, let's see

Pickled Garlic,
Cottage Cheese,
Peat Smoked Salmon,
6 bottles of white wine,
3 pairs of socks,
3 hoola hoops,
a snorkel
dry ice
e-mail Sophia
skin-tone cat suit
paul newman
elk sausage
megaphone/directors chair
harness
a barometer

i am curious how long this dumb rear end list will stick in my head

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

External Organs posted:

Last years Piranesi by Susanna Clarke is a fabulous fantasy novel that's both funny, uplifting, and a quick read. I liked it very much.

I just started this and maybe it's because I've only read it exhausted before bed, but I would not call it an easy read in the manner of that poster's request. It throws you right in.