Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dohminator
Oct 5, 2004

They can take our dignity. They can take all the hot women. But they will NOT take our jobs. And they will NEVER take our store!

TraderStav posted:

Just finished watching Frost/Nixon and realized I am grossly unfamiliar with the events that took place leading up to and during the Watergate scandal. I'm sure there is a LOT of books on the topic but is there one or two that stand out as the authority on the topic?

For a broader look at Nixon and the politics of the time, Nixonland is a good book. It uses the biography of Nixon and his rise to power to really explore the changes that were happening at that time in American history. While it is centered around Nixon, it is really the story of the rise of conservatism and the changes in American culture.

dohminator fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jun 21, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dohminator
Oct 5, 2004

They can take our dignity. They can take all the hot women. But they will NOT take our jobs. And they will NEVER take our store!
I'm curious if there are any books that deal with what would happen to a basically super powered character that has something akin to God like powers. However, I wouldn't want it to be some stupid self-insertion, but an actual exploration of what it would be like to be more powerful than anyone that has ever existed. What would happen if we could make all of our fantasies a reality, and what downside this could have as instant gratification can lead to boredom. What could go wrong if we tried to save the world and make it a utopia? How would someone that was an ordinary person struggle with being given these powers and allowed to make these choices? What would it do to that person?

Is there anything like this?