Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

Can anyone recommend a good science fiction space pew pew lazers "epic" series. Aka spanning multiple books with the same characters. I do not like when books end. :argh: What would be the science fiction equivalent to the Wheel of Time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

Ikrizzle posted:

I can't guarantee that it's space pew pew lazers enough for you, but I'd strongly have to say start out with Ender's Game if you haven't read it. It's really great on its own, has three sequel novels out, a parallel (less sci-fi) storyline, lots of short stories supporting it, etc etc. In short:

It won't quit on you too quickly.

Warning: After Ender's Game they get less and less pew pew lazers and iirc, more philosopho-sci-fi. Still awesome imo.

Sorry, should have said that I read Ender's Game and a few of the other books in the series. The only thing that bugged me was, the series really split up the characters and is all over the place in reading order/time & space. Other than that though, I really liked the series. Speaker for the dead was probably my favorite even though it barely had any pew pew. I guess im looking for more of a straight forward scifi epic.

Also that chart kicks rear end, I wish I had that back when I was trying to figure out the reading order on wikipedia.