Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

miniskirts
Aug 24, 2005

CheerGrrl92 posted:

I have 2 requests..

1) This is really general. I just want to read something nonfiction that can give me knowledge or appreciation for a subject. For example, I read Cosmos and now I have a deep appreciation for why we know what we know about space and how we know it, along with tons of things ordinary people don't know. I could read about anything nonfiction, be it history, a biography, anything, as long as I come out knowing something I didn't know before.

Try Devil in the White City by Eric Larson. Read it and loved it. Bought Thunderstruck (also by Larson) because of it, but have yet to read it.

Currently, I'm reading The Alchemy of Air by Thomas Hager. so far, wonderful and interesting and falls into this category.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

miniskirts
Aug 24, 2005
Looking for:

1. Books on Architecture: Fiction, non-fiction, textbook, anything and everything. This is a budding interest for me and I'm looking for information (technical and theory). If fiction, I prefer something where architecture is a main part of the plot (much like The Fountainhead by Rand, which I've already read). If it's non-fiction or a textbook, I prefer something relatively simple and basic, as I'm new to this. But, if there's a really good technical or theory book that delves deeper, I'm willing to give it a try.

2. Books about the Manhattan Project

3. Books/biographies about Kaiser Wilhelm I and II

Thanks in advance!