Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gern Blandsten
Jan 28, 2012
My latest completion:

The B-58 Hustler!

This was my first model build in years, and my first attempt with an airbrush. I got this kit as a gift sort of randomly from my brother for Christmas. I bought a Paasche VL and a Testors compressor the following week.

Painting the supports on the cockpit windshield was difficult. I had trouble getting the left wing USAF roundel to slide off, and it noticeably tore a little:

Once I got the feel for the airbrush, outlining and streaking panel lines became easier. I'm pretty satisfied with the results :smug: :

I did end up losing one half of the smaller rear bombs that was supposed to go on the bomb rack.

With escape pod in foreground:

Any tips or constructive criticism would be helpful. I was thinking about heading out to the Strategic Air and Space Museum near where I live to take pictures of the real B-58 "Greased Lightning" for a comparison to the real thing.

Here is my next project. I wanted to try something with a camo pattern I could get creative with, and I plan on painting this in Afrika Korps livery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gern Blandsten
Jan 28, 2012

Nebakenezzer posted:

Constructive criticism: You clearly know your way around paint. With this He-111, I'd make it a priority to work on sanding and filling cracks/erasing lines. Maybe you did this a bit already, but I can see where the engine pods go together, and where the upper and lower fuselage bits join. With some putty and some sanding, all of that stuff vanishes when the paint is applied.

Thanks. I will keep this in mind for the Heinkel.

Morgenthau posted:

Whoa that's one nice Hustler. Is that the 1/48 one? If so, you have my jealousies. I've been looking for that one for quite a while with no luck.

I do have the 1/72 one, and I will be building it up soonish, hope it'll be looking as awesome as yours.

I believe hobbylinc.com has the exact same kit. http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/mon/mon855713.htm

Good luck with yours!