Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurvi Tasch
Oct 13, 2012

Thats von Derp for you!

Scut posted:

Oh hell yeah! What sort of price is that kit going for?
A bit less than 30€. somewhat on the high side, but not quite what I'd consider excessive.
The truck is fairly large, so even though it's 1:72 it's going to rival some of my 1:35 models in scale.
The kit also includes die-cut masks for the windows, which I didn't expect but is just such a frustration-saver down the road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurvi Tasch
Oct 13, 2012

Thats von Derp for you!
I finally managed to finish the AA-70 firetruck

That was quite an adventure. The kit is not all that well designed and has some registration issues. I.e. there are a log of situations where you get four rectangular bits of plastic and are supposed to make them into a proper right-angled box with only the suggestion of pins or registration marks. This ended up being fairly difficult in combination with an overall fairly mediocre fit, so I had to fill and sand rather a lot.
You can thee some of fitting issues also with the handrails, where it's pretty clear that the distance between the posts doesn't quite match the distance between the holes they are supposed to go into, leading to much swearing.

Kurvi Tasch
Oct 13, 2012

Thats von Derp for you!

Granite Octopus posted:

Finished another one of those billy dollhouse kits. I tried some really basic vegetation and had some fun with it. I would love to do a small HO scale diorama for something a bit larger.

Nice! The craftsmanship is excellent, but I'm pretty sure the vertical flag and the label on the middle tin-can are upside down..

Kurvi Tasch
Oct 13, 2012

Thats von Derp for you!
After about a year of modelling-abstinence I finally got around to build something again

It's Tamiyas Corsair kit: it went together very nicely, but I really felt out of practice.

Kurvi Tasch
Oct 13, 2012

Thats von Derp for you!
From that grin I'd say it's probably Jeb.