Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
I have the Bandai TIE Interceptor kit, and I'm ready to start on it, but I just found out there's a photo etch kit for it. I've never done photo etch, am I going to hate life bending and folding these things?

Also it costs more than the model itself but....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Mostly I liked the cool cockpit controls, but I don't think anyone's gonna even look.

I'll skip it for now. Thanks.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Painted up the pilot a certain way (even though you'll never see it inside):

As to why that way, well....

And started on the body:

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Charliegrs posted:

The other night I was putting decals on a Hasegawa Datsun 240Z and I was also drinking a cup of water. I learned a lesson that night, don't keep your drinking water cup next to your decal dunking cup. Especially when you put a tiny amount of dish soap in the decal water.

Dish soap is nothing compared to dirty paint water.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

I paint the eyes white then use a micron pen.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

I bought the cheap Master setup from Amazon, the nozzle broke (twice) during cleaning. So I bought an Iwata HP-CS and I couldn't be happier.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Ensign Expendable posted:

The BT-7 is done!

God drat!

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

I'd kill for a larger scale Project 7 Soviet destroyer. I was hoping to find a 3D-printable one, and I even saw there was some capability of grabbing the models out of World of Warships in the past, but I can't find any.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

There's always the model ship world forums, I guess?

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Nice to see Quill got some power armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

They're such a weird company, but honestly I think it's down to Mig, the original guy that spawned off AK from his own company, and the business partners he attracts all being terminally edgy tone-deaf shitbros. There's no malice there, just a bunch of completely oblivious morons.

Like, they used to put scantily clad cheesecake photos in their mags for some reason. Cause nothing goes together like building and painting a Vought F4U Corsair with pics of a half-naked russian mail order bride.

Is Mig the guy with the SS t-shirt?