Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Powdered Toast Man posted:

Styrene is such a pain in the rear end to deal with for making irregularly shaped small parts that I'm now leaning more towards thin brass sheet metal. You can get it in a thickness that's almost, but not quite like foil and it's very easy to cut and shape. Use pliers that don't have "teeth" on the inside of the gripping surface to prevent marring the metal.

:science: You can use a cheap dollar store pair of pliers and coat the jaws in Plasti-Dip rubber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Vaporware posted:

If you don't find green stuff agreeable (I've always had trouble mixing it sufficiently, it's really stiff), I recommend using apoxie, it's much softer in the mixing phase, and I find it easier to work in the modelling phase. If you're a masochist and green stuff isn't stiff enough, use actual plumbers putty.

Ehhhhh, Apoxie Sculpt is really grainy. There's this newer stuff on the market called ProCreate, that has the working time, sharp detail and elasticity of green Kneadatite, but it's nowhere near as sticky, and it dries harder and can be filed like brown Kneadatite.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

plumbers putty won't dry for 15 years

Green stuff is Kneadatite; Kneadatite was originally sold as plumber's putty.