Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

subx
Jan 12, 2003

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.
I have an idea to make a paint box, but I'd like some thoughts from others.

I was just thinking of a like 3'x3' (or just something around that, something small enough to stick in a closet/garage corner/whatever) wood box with some sort of spinning board or something at the bottom with wires (or whatever) coming out to hold up model bodies.

Has anyone done something like this? Or is there anything premade that's not outrageously expensive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

subx
Jan 12, 2003

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Most spray booths seem to have some kind of ventilation system too.

That's easy enough in theory - fan with a motor not in the air path (my dad used to do HVAC stuff and you can get small ones pretty cheap) and some sort of filter to pull it through I guess? You don't want to just suck in air because of dust, I know that much.

subx
Jan 12, 2003

Mcqueen posted:

Just started a Ferrari 348tb from Hasegawa, my first model in at least 5 years. Having come from nothing but Tamiya kits this poo poo is horrible. Visible mold lines on the roof, bumpers, c-pillars, hood.

What the gently caress. Oh well, time for a crash course in body work.

Mold lines aren't too bad to clean up, just some gentle sanding work.

It gets a lot more frustrating if there are parts that don't line up properly (that's a huge loving pain to fix).

subx
Jan 12, 2003

Unkempt posted:

Jesus christ.

Yea some people get pretty crazy over their models. If that's what you enjoy go for it, I'll pass on building a seat for three weeks myself though.

subx
Jan 12, 2003

Powdered Toast Man posted:

I believe this is relevant to our interests, gentlemen:

http://www.funlol.com/15983/Build_your_own_chopper.html

The pictures and story are pretty funny, but the comments on that are fantastic.

Also, did anyone else want to see what the finished model looks like? Personally I think it would have been pretty awesome.

subx fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Dec 6, 2010